It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
(female)

Drbigm HB User
igM and healing

My 6 year old has low IgM. We had her ears pierced over one year ago. They have yet to heal. They are always bleeding. We take good care of them and are always cleaning them with hydrogen peroxide. Has anyone ever heard that a low IgM could create a healing problem with something like ear piercings? She heals from cuts well. Her infections are usually respiratory so I couldn't imagine it was the IgM but I don't know what could make them not heal and would hate to take them out since she went through so many tears to get them. Any thought would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2011, 10:41 PM   #2
(female)

Gumph HB User
Re: igM and healing

Is it possible that your daughter is allergic to the ear-rings? If you are not using pure gold (not gold plate etc) you might try that. Many people are allergic to the nickel in the ear-rings and the holes will never heal. I had the same problem for years before I found out I was allergic to the metal. I now were only gold ear-rings with gold backs or fasteners and no longer have the problem. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread