It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2011, 08:57 AM   #1
(female)

denise m. HB User
Polymyalgia Rheumatica or Lupus or what? New to all of this

Hi everyone...I have never posted on a message board before. I have a question I really haven't been able to find an answer to online anywhere. I have had muscle pain and flu like symptoms for years. It recently got worse and I was hospitalized in June with what the ER Doctor originally thought was systemic shingles. I was put in isolation for 2 days because of the rash and fever and flu like symptoms. I was unaware of the fact that I was being given Prednisone in my IV along with anti-virals. With in 2 days I was telling the Doctors that I had never felt better in my life and the "shingles" were almost disappearing before my eyes. Needless to say, everyone was amazed. I had 3 infectious disease doctors come in to see me and they all decided that I did not have shingles...but they couldn't identify the rash because it had changed so much since being on the prednisone. But to make a long story short I had a follow up with a new Doctor and she did some lab work. My C reactive protein level is 32.1 and my Sed rate is 58. She says that I could have Polymyalgia Rheumatica but since I'm only 50 and this has been going on for years she is more certain it's Systemic Lupus. I am being referred to a Rheumatologist. I guess my questions is that I've looked at site that post the tests for Lupus and I never see anything about c reactive protein or sed rate. Are these two things indicative of Lupus?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread