It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
(female)

bloodgirl HB User
First sickness since Gammagard

I am new here. I started receiving monthly gammagard for CVID. I was constantly getting sinus/bronchitis infections with many different types of bacteria. I was sick every few weeks for the past year. I have received 2 infusions and was doing great. No infections, more energy... I am now sick for the first time. Cough, fever... Can I expect to fight this like a "normal" person? I am hoping to not need antibiotics.
Thanks for any experiences

Old 12-01-2011, 05:32 AM   #2
(female)

cvidmama HB Usercvidmama HB Usercvidmama HB Usercvidmama HB Usercvidmama HB Usercvidmama HB User
Re: First sickness since Gammagard

IgG replacement can take 6 months to one year before it starts helping. Once it does, you can expect to be sick less frequently and not as severe. I'm not really sure if you will not need antibiotics or not when you do get sick as this is not a cure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2011, 02:32 PM   #3
(female)

bloodgirl HB User
Re: First sickness since Gammagard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvidmama View Post
IgG replacement can take 6 months to one year before it starts helping. Once it does, you can expect to be sick less frequently and not as severe. I'm not really sure if you will not need antibiotics or not when you do get sick as this is not a cure.
Thanks,
I actually did much better than usual. Only sick for a few days instead of a few weeks! It must be working already! I was constantly needing antibiotics before because I had all kinds of weird bacteria in my cultures...

Closed Thread