It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
(female)

MARIENNJ HB User
high IGa, low IGg, Vitamin D deficiency

My IGa is 448 high, IGG in the 600's (low), vitamin D level 5 (normal is 32). I was finally diagnosed with PRIMARY IMMUNE DEFICIENCY DISEASE (Hypogammaglobulinemia) which is kind of rare. I have been sick for a very long time and no one could figure out what was wrong with me. I have chronic diarrhea. I get infections that just don't go away. I even got spinal meningitis a couple of years ago. I have had a stroke, hemiplegic migraines, urethral diverticulum and so many other illnesses. Now I have to do Hizentra infusions once a week for the rest of my life. I simply pump gammaglobulin into my body which increases the antibodies that fight infection and I am doing much better. I hope this information helps anyone out there that is looking for a diagnosis.

The Following User Says Thank You to MARIENNJ For This Useful Post:
luca689 (12-27-2011)
Old 02-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #2
(female)

rebekboo HB User
Re: high IGa, low IGg, Vitamin D deficiency

Hi Mari,
I also have the same antibody issues going on. I have high IgA and Low IgG1 subclass with low normail IgG3. I also have a possitive ana, but have tested negative for almost all autoimmune disorders. I also have extreamly high titers to EBV vca/ebna which no one seems to be paying attention to. I am extreamly fatigued and ill will reoccuring sinus infections. I have tested negative to all allergies. I also have a super-bug called clostridium difficile for over a year not responding to treatment. My allergist/immunologist is running a test called serum protein electrophoresis among other tests to try and narrow it down. I also have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, osteroarthritis of cervical spine, high cholesterol, and pre-diabetic. I hope to get some treatment soon! Let me know how you are doing on the infusions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
primary immune deficiency