It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
(female)

Foster54321 HB User
Question Is this an immune system issue?

I am wondering if several issues I have might be related to my immune system not working right, as suggested by a Naturopath. Any insights would be appreciated!

Whenever I have sought help from a regular physician, they just say take vitamins (which I already do) and don't be stressed, or they say I'll grow out of it. I saw a naturopath who thought that I had a compromised immune system due to years of IBS and improper digestion. She said that a person who eats healthy like I do possibly isn't absorbing nutrients properly. She first had me detox with herbal tinctures and then recommended taking digestive enzymes and several healing herbs. I haven't noticed any progress.

I am in my mid-thirties and have had the following issues all my life:
- Catch colds easily and they last several weeks
- Bruise very easily and bruises last a long time (weeks or more)
- Injuries take a long time to heal
- IBS (IBS-D for 25 years)
- Heightened pain sensitivity
- Physical activity/exercise feels very painful

Newer issues within the last 5 years:
- IBS-C
- eczema
- acne (including minor cystic)

To elaborate on those things a bit . . . The injuries can be anything from minor cuts to major damage. I sprained my foot years ago and was on crutches for six weeks, for example. Another example: I had a middle ear infection that was diagnosed as minor but in spite of being treated with multiple medications, it just got worse for a couple months and now I have scar tissue and pain that will last (forever?). As for the pain sensitivity, physical touch that might feel light to someone else often hurts me. For example, sometimes a person lightly grabs someone's arm or pats them on the leg when they are laughing. When they do that to me, it feels like they are pressing really hard and causing a bruise, even though I can see with my eyes that they aren't squeezing hard. All my life, physical activity has been painful. I don't know if that means I'm more sensitive to the feel of lactic acid in the muscles or what exactly. Also, I developed dyshidrosis eczema a couple years ago and nothing has helped (eliminating all chemical irritants, etc.).

I know I've written a lot here -- just trying to be thorough. I realize these issues aren't as series as many of the diseases I've read about on this forum. But, I would still appreciate anyone's ideas on what might be going on with me and what might be a good treatment considering I haven't had much luck with traditional and nontraditional practitioners.

Thank you very much in advance!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2011, 07:37 AM   #2
(female)

cvidmama HB Usercvidmama HB Usercvidmama HB Usercvidmama HB Usercvidmama HB Usercvidmama HB User
Re: Is this an immune system issue?

A quick way to find out is have your doc run your immunogloblins, very easy, quick blood test and very common test. I have CVID and would get sick 20 times a year and I've never had a cold, mine were always bronchitis, double ear infections, pneumonia, pleurisy, sinus infections, strep, usually all at the same time lol. You COULD have IgA deficiency which can cause IBS issues and upper respiratory issues...but never wonder, get the blood test.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:05 AM   #3
(female)

Foster54321 HB User
Re: Is this an immune system issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvidmama View Post
A quick way to find out is have your doc run your immunogloblins, very easy, quick blood test and very common test. I have CVID and would get sick 20 times a year and I've never had a cold, mine were always bronchitis, double ear infections, pneumonia, pleurisy, sinus infections, strep, usually all at the same time lol. You COULD have IgA deficiency which can cause IBS issues and upper respiratory issues...but never wonder, get the blood test.
Cvidmama, thanks for your suggestion. I'll see if my physician is willing to do this test for antibody deficiency. Do you, or anyone else, think that antibody deficiency could be related to my issue of pain sensitivity?

Closed Thread

Tags
eczema, enzymes, ibs, immune, pain