It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
(female)

bestoldies04 HB Userbestoldies04 HB User
Non Working Immune Systems

I was told by my Immunologist that I have low IgG levels and high IgM levels. She checked the subcategories for the IgG levels to see if this was false information, maybe the subcategories were actually working. The final blood test showed the subcategories in the IgG levels were not working. Now I know that is not a good thing and these levels need to be raised. I just don't know how to raise these levels.

I found out since seeing the Immunologist that I have Multiple Myeloma which explains the immune system issues. I asked my Hematologist Oncologist last week how can I raise my immune levels such as IgG. He said be healthy, what kind of answer is that? I know eating right and exercise is very important, but seriously is that the answer? I am going to make another appointment with Immunologist.

Last edited by bestoldies04; 01-09-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:57 AM   #2
(female)

cvidmama HB Usercvidmama HB Usercvidmama HB Usercvidmama HB Usercvidmama HB Usercvidmama HB User
Re: Non Working Immune Systems

If you have low IgG, have they tested you for CVID - Common Variable Immune Deficiency? Its a simple antibody test where they give you the pneumonia and/or Diptheria vaccine, wait 3 weeks, the draw labs to see if your body made antibodies. If no to at least pneumonia then there you have your answer. Good luck. Oh and btw, there is a treatment for low IgG - its called IvIG or subcutaneous IgG (subq), its a replacement of your IGG, 99% of cvid patients are on this now. It could be that your IgG is barely low which is why they just told you to get healthy, but I would push a little more, then update us

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
(female)

bestoldies04 HB Userbestoldies04 HB User
Re: Non Working Immune Systems

Thanks for the information. I went to the immunologist today she ordered more blood tests. This doctor did a blood test a few months ago checking to see if the pneumonia vacine showed up in my system which it did. You must be right about all the sub-categories just being slightly low. She told me there was nothing I could do except eat healthy and take vitamins that was about all I could do. My igG levels are 523 the last time it was checked, the doctor repeated the test yesterday. I have a lot of health problems so I have to pick my battles. I have lung nodules, renal cysts, Multiple Myeloma, COPD, these are just a few of my problems. I have confidence in this doctor she is very thorough. I just wish I felt that way about my Hematologist/Oncologist. Thanks for your help, have a blessed day.

Last edited by bestoldies04; 01-12-2012 at 10:39 AM.

Reply Reply