It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
(female)

pinkcell HB User
Just wondering??

I am wondering if anyone has ever had any of these issues, and if so what they have done about them, and if anyone has any sort of information, and or advice that they can give me.

My mother was diagnosed with CGD, ( Chronic granulomatous disease) as a child, now we where not aware of this until she was in her fourties, which was about 15 years ago. Since then I have been struggling and fighting with physician and doctors trying to be tested and trying to figure out what is going on with me. I am constantly ill. I have bouts of bronchitis, bouts of infections, diverticulitis, etc. In the past year, I had bronchitis five different times, was put on prednisone five different times, and had the bronchitis turn into pneumonia even on the prednisone at least once that we know of.

I started having seizures in December, and started having migraines that were lasting for weeks at a time. I had one headache that lasted for 13 days straight. Then I was diagnosed with gout in both ankles. Since I have been having lots of pain in my hands, my fingers and wrists have swollen and are very painful. My doctor ordered the uric acid test, but it came back at 4.1, the sed rate was at 16, and the ra factor was at 6.50. I am not understanding what is going on with my body nor why I am having the problems that I am having. I feel sometimes that maybe they will never find the answer and I will die either in pain, or completely clueless as to why I am always sick. Has anyone ever experienced this and does anyone have any words or wisdom in a case like this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply