It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
(female)

pmull3 HB User
IGg reactions

I have a little different scenario. I have CVID and RA and chronic GI issues. My IgG levels barely register. Somehow I have not been the victim of repeated upper respiratory and sinus infections. In fact they have gotten more infrequent as I have gotten older.
Since I started the IgG therapy, I am plagued by sinus pain and stuffiness, bronchitis and asthma. Anybody else have this reaction? I thought that I was supposed to feel better. BTW - I have had 3 infusions.
Would appreciate any feedback.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:10 AM   #2
(female)

cvidmama HB Usercvidmama HB Usercvidmama HB Usercvidmama HB Usercvidmama HB Usercvidmama HB User
Re: IGg reactions

GI issues are one of the most common complaints with CVID. I, fortunately do not have that problem. I had the repeated infections. How we all present is where the "variable" in common variable immune deficiency comes in. Experts say IgG replacement takes 6 months to a year to fully work. I would say give it some time and that the infections are just coincidental.

The Following User Says Thank You to cvidmama For This Useful Post:
pmull3 (04-01-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #3
(female)

comerford HB User
Re: IGg reactions

Hi,
I read somewhere that when you start the IVIG that it attacks bacteria in your sinuses trying to clear it out, maybe that's what you are experiencing. The article said it is common and will subside.

The Following User Says Thank You to comerford For This Useful Post:
pmull3 (09-13-2012)
Reply Reply