It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2012, 07:21 AM   #1
(female)

carmeluv05 HB User
Umctd

I am so glad to know that I am not by myself with my diagnosis. My Rheumatoid doc calls it unspecified mixed connective tissue disease. I had two opinions. One say lupoid. Really? I have muscle aches that feel like liquid fire in my veins sometimes and take flexiril for that. On hydroxychloroquine 200mg twice daily. I have joint pain in all bendable parts and extremely tired all the time. Also on ultram as needed. Ultra has been making me sick so my doc wants me to try Mobic. Has anyone tried that? I can only thank God that I still can work. Hot showers and baths help me out a lot. Just enough to get me moving. I work overnight so I am not on my feet as much. Tried doin a double several times and was so much in pain I laid in bed all day. I was taking prednisone but has too many side effects such as weight gain, insomnia and irritability. Started goin back to the gym several days a week. Hopefully things won't get worse or maybe even God will heal me.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:09 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User
Re: Umctd

The plaquenil can take several weeks or even months to be fully effective. But it really does help me with the fatigue. I have taken mobic on the rare occasion and have personally had no problems with it. I must admit that I prefer OTC medications if at all possible. Going to the gym is the best thing you can do, IMHO, to help with joint mobility and just plain for your overall well being. I believe that UCTD many times does not develop further and hopefully that will be the case with you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply