It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
(female)

audriquill HB User
Undiagnosed Chronic Pain And Other Problems

I joined this forum out of sheer desperation. I saw yet another Rhumatologist today, and after no answers from her I have no idea what else to do or where else to turn. I have been experiencing chronic, debilitating pain for 2 1/2 years. I am a 20 year old female with a family history of auto-immune problems including lupus (my paternal grandfather) and anti-cardiolipin (my maternal aunt). I have given pints and pints of blood, with a few abnormalities including high ANA (1/640 most recently), high MCH, high monocytes and absolute monocytes, and low C4 complement. My urine tests have all come back normal, except for one very recently with high bacteria and protein.

I went back for another opinion this morning because I feel like I am getting worse. My pain has had me bedridden more and more lately, I am on my third UTI in six months, and my hair has thinned significantly. I have no idea what else to do, has anyone else ever been in this situation or have similar symptoms to me? How did you handle it?

Old 03-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
(female)

BlueCrush1983 HB User
Re: Undiagnosed Chronic Pain And Other Problems

Hi,

Sorry you feel this way. I am 29 and for the last year have had awful joint/muscle pain, muscle twitches, nervous system inflammation, peripheral neuropathy, fatigue, tendonitis, bone pain, ect. I have gone to multiple doctors with no help or no diagnosis. On the bright side I have gotten rid of nearly every symptom. I have vague muscle pain every now and then but it's def not like it used to be. I am hoping in a few months it will all be back to normal! Now to get better it is a multi-demensional process. I will tell you what I did in hopes that this will help you. Have you had your thyroid or Vitamin D level checked? Both of those can cause pain and need to be tested for. If those check out ok the first thing that I did was stop eating gluten and wheat. I know this sounds hard but it is imperative and actually easy to do once you figure it out. Stick to it and wait a couple of months to see if this is your sole problem. If it isn't then I would say step two is fix your adrenal glands

I would think it would be an infection of some sort such as Lyme, mycoplasma, EBV, ect that needs to be addressed. Get tested for these if you think that this is the issue.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-11-2013 at 08:54 PM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website for any reason

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2013, 02:41 AM   #3
(male)

Stumbo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by audriquill View Post
I joined this forum out of sheer desperation. I saw yet another Rhumatologist today, and after no answers from her I have no idea what else to do or where else to turn. I have been experiencing chronic, debilitating pain for 2 1/2 years. I am a 20 year old female with a family history of auto-immune problems including lupus (my paternal grandfather) and anti-cardiolipin (my maternal aunt). I have given pints and pints of blood, with a few abnormalities including high ANA (1/640 most recently), high MCH, high monocytes and absolute monocytes, and low C4 complement. My urine tests have all come back normal, except for one very recently with high bacteria and protein.

I went back for another opinion this morning because I feel like I am getting worse. My pain has had me bedridden more and more lately, I am on my third UTI in six months, and my hair has thinned significantly. I have no idea what else to do, has anyone else ever been in this situation or have similar symptoms to me? How did you handle it?
I also had lots of pain for many years. Had every test in the book. Docs blamed it on my weight. Wasn't true!

For me, B12/B vitamins helped relieve a lot of muscle pain. I raised my level from 545 to 1045 even though the doc said 545 was fine. Changed my life! Raising my D3 with supplements and more sun time helped a lot too!

In addition, purchasing trailer runner shoes (more support, stiffer uppers, better treads) has helped a lot in reducing lower back pain. I replace them at least annually and using silicon inserts(after removing the inserts that come with the shoes). I also use custom orthotics (custom inserts) as well. Yes, two type of inserts! For around the house I wear slippers with an additional set of custom inserts due to tile/hardwood floors.

I also had massage/acupuncture for 11 months due to an untreated lower back muscle strain. Ended up with 6 mo. chiropractic as well. I had terrible muscle pain all over my back/shoulders that they helped me with.

My doc checks for protein in my urine to keep tabs on my diabetes. Have you had an A1C test? Also, thyroid testing led me to being treated for low thryoid.

Drinking a lot of water every day helped me as well.

So you see my fatigue and pain were reduced/eliminated through a combination of things. There was no "magic bullet". It took time and my research to figure things out.

Don't give up! Hope you feel better.

Possibly it's time to find another doc? Maybe an internist the treats thyroid/diabetes, etc.

Last edited by Stumbo; 03-12-2013 at 02:49 AM.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #4
(male)

VirtualVoid HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by audriquill View Post
I joined this forum out of sheer desperation.
Have you looked into your diet? I'm still undiagnosed and encountered the same thing as all my tests kept coming back normal although I was suffering from chronic, debilitating, flu-like symptoms.

Google around on autoimmune and diet as I suspect everybody is different. However, I ended up on a strict grain-free, vegan diet, and made a dramatic recovery. It's a pain at first, but I discovered that I like eating veg and definitely like feeling better. It's a small price to pay.

My illness is back again, but I now suspect it's a combination of nuts/beans and other lectin baring seeds triggered by spring allergies. I need to stop munching on almonds!

Reply Reply