It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board

Alergic to one's urine?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-14-2016, 08:05 AM   #1
kato
(male)

kato HB User
Alergic to one's urine?

I am just starting to experience incontinence and every so often leak a bit. I have noticed a rash-like skin area that itches terribly on my inner thighs. At first I though this was "crotch rot" that I might be picking up at my gym. The more this happens the more I think it is related to the small leaking that takes place from time to time. I have taken every precaution at the gym not to pick up a rash or germs. Because of the timing, my guess is that it is due to leakage. Does anyone else have this problem? Could the chemical make-up of urine cause the rash and itchiness that develops after 12-14 hours? Thanks for any help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2016, 05:36 PM   #2
chestnut7718
Inactive
(male)

chestnut7718 HB User
Re: Alergic to one's urine?

Whenever my adult diapers leak on the inner thigh there is the chance of a rash. Do you use adult diapers all the time as I do? DO you wear a single brief for 12 hours?

Old 07-17-2017, 03:46 PM   #3
rosier
Veteran
(female)

rosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB User

Please make an appointment to a gyno and get it checked out. it is not an allergy to one's urine, you have leakage and other things going on and need a doctor to check it. out. Please let us know what you find out. Hugs for today.

Rosier
Never give up.

Old 07-17-2017, 03:50 PM   #4
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Kato,
Urine is acidic and could very well be causing a rash on your inner thighs...You should talk to your primary care physician or Urologist, whomever you are most comfortable with to discuss. There are creams you can use which will clear this right up, but you'll need a script.
You may also find that changing your briefs everytime you feel leakage might help this from happening.

Best to you!

The following user gives a hug of support to MSNik:
rosier (07-19-2017)
Reply Reply