It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board

When to change

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-07-2016, 11:26 AM   #1
Gford
(male)

Gford HB User
When to change

Hi,

I have recently had to start wearing pads, I find that I use 4-6 of the Lille Supreme Fit Super Plus Pads. Problem isknowing when to change before you leak. At the moment I am not sure wether I am slightly wet to just about to leak.

To do a decent check you need to pop to the toilet, sort out everything, guess on the back of how far it. But this seems very awkward. Sorry very new to this, after various methods and solutions the pads I have found are best suited to my lifestyle

Are they any tricks, people say about squishness and again I have only felt that when the pad is reaching capacity. The indicators are my best shot but difficult to see behind and work out how bad it is (especially on Lille / Cloth backed). Uneven wetting i.e. more front / bottom rather that rear seems to complicate matters.

My only method so far is when you feel a damp spot sometimes against the skin then it is likely the pad is at capacity.

Unfortunately, when you know you need to change but are caught out (phone calls, nowhere convenient then I have leaked a bit which a rather embarassing situation, a major leak in a supermarker recently (althougth thank you to the staff for being so understanding).

Any advice, many thanks for any help in advance.

Gary

Last edited by Gford; 10-07-2016 at 11:32 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2016, 06:28 AM   #2
chestnut7718
Inactive
(male)

chestnut7718 HB User
Re: When to change

I am bowel and bladder incont. and am not able to toilet really at all. I have to change wet and sometimes soiled diapers at home and in public. I generally use between 5-7 premium adult briefs per day - in small 24/7 brief now. I'll change at work likely after lunch. I always wear a onesie or singlet and plastic pants - this means I rarely leak urine or feces, but the plastic is hot and uncomfortable. I also have ED and that coupled with the incont. means I have not have any sexual contact since i became incont. four years ago. If I'm out of a diaper for any amount of time, I'll leak urine. Initially my family bought me a bunch of cloth diapers, but they are simply too hard to clean and too unsanitary with bowel accidents. I have tried anal plugs but they hurt too much. I can wear a small 24.7 brief for up to 7 hours - they are very comfortable and form fitting.

Old 12-01-2016, 06:32 AM   #3
chestnut7718
Inactive
(male)

chestnut7718 HB User
Re: When to change

I would change when the wetness indicator is blue from the front and up your butt. If the bowel accident is small I can stay in the diaper for a while. If it's big, I have to change immediately. Mostly I deficate at night so the accidents during day are kept at a minimum.

Reply Reply