It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2002, 09:12 PM   #1
Inactive

Mandie HB User
Post Botox and incontinence???

I need to know if Botox can cause incontinece before i consent to having this done. Has anyone had this injection for rectal pain. Please, if you had, let me know how you did and if any, side affects. It just sounds so scary- and yet, I really do need some relief as well--- M

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2002, 10:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
M--I think this is sort of new and not alot of people with any experience.

Harry

[This message has been edited by Harry (edited 05-03-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2002, 05:23 AM   #3
Inactive

Mandie HB User
Harry- what do you think about this?

Old 05-03-2002, 06:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Mandie,
I don't know very much about it??? Botox is a poison ---and just the idea of doing it WOW---would sure take alot to convince Me??

But, if you're in alot of discomfort --- I know you're ready to try anything. As I understand Botox Injections ---I don't think they are peremanent but you have to get repeated every 2 months or so??? Is that Right?

Harry

Old 05-05-2002, 07:30 AM   #5
Inactive

Mandie HB User
I don't know but I am afraid-----

Old 05-05-2002, 07:52 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Arrow

M,
My sister gets Botox injections in her eyelids to keep them from being inflammed and blinking---she has to get the treatment repeated every two months because it wears off. It's also an expensive treatment. She has been getting these injections for over 10 years.
She says it's not painful and it solves her problem for 2months!!!

Harry

[This message has been edited by Harry (edited 05-05-2002).]

Old 05-06-2002, 01:09 PM   #7
Inactive

Mandie HB User
Well the eyelids are a lot different than the rear end. I am just so afraid to do this, and yet my dr. has not other choices for me except the electrical stimulation- which also sounds terrible. I have run out of people to see or things to do anymore and i feel like the light has gone out for me at the end of the tunnel.

Old 01-26-2003, 05:39 PM   #8

rsh13813 HB User
I use botox for headaches and muscle pains. I have had it done 3 times. Every time i go in for treatments my doctor tells me all the new uses they have found for botox. He says they now can use it on acid reflux in the stomach. Ask your doctor a lot of questions before you do it. All doctors can give botox and they make a lot of money from it. Make sure he is doing it to help you and not help himself. If the doctor knows how to correctly give it, it can be a help to a lot of people. My doctor uses the smallest needle available and he also changes needles after a few shots because he said they get dull quick. the shots only sting a little. good Luck

Closed Thread