It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2005, 07:34 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

curious11 HB User
Incontinence...

Ok... so here it is... can the people on here who have trouble with incontinence please tell me what they are experiencing. I didnt think I was having any problems but I think its time I face reality... it seemed to start out like I couldnt urinate unless I sat there and concentrated on it for a minute or two. Now I have had a few episodes of having to urinate so bad all of a sudden that I have to literally hold it and run to a bathroom. It comes on suddenly and has only happened when I am alone. So its not like i'll be walking in the mall and have to run to a bathroom. It almost seems psychological because it hasnt happened in front of anyone or when anyone was around. But sometime i'll be on the computer and have to run upstairs and use the bathroom. And today it happened when I was getting out of the car at my brothers house.. but no one was home. And last week it happened after I dropped my friend off at her house I had to stop the car along the way home and pee. I really dont understand what is going on! any information would be much appreciated... I feel like all my independance is being taken from me... i'm only 20 years old

Old 08-19-2005, 09:51 PM   #2
Inactive

Jewel2 HB User
Re: Incontinence...

Hi,
My daughter has major bladder problems and as a result has chronic UTIs. She has had many accidents in private and in public. The biggest problem is that, like you, she has no notice whatsoever. She uses 'Depends' when she doesn't want an embarrassment.

She has also used Detrol LA to decrease the frequency of urinating. This works really well, but does have side effects that can be problematic, so she just uses it for travelling or other situations where she needs to decrease the frequency or guarantee no accidents.

Don't be afraid to discuss this problem with your doctor.

My heart goes out to you - to be so young with these kinds of problems just doesn't seem right.

Take care,
Julie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2005, 10:45 PM   #3
(female)

wiggleywalker HB User
Re: Incontinence...

I have had the same problem as you with frequent urination and being unable to control it at all. I talked to my Neuro who put me on Vesicare and within a week it worked miracles. I do not really have periods where I cannot wait or the embarrasment of uncontrolled urination. If I go somewhere, I wear a very light pad just in case (more because of previous accidents, I think). Ask about this script. I have had no side effects from it either. Good luck and God bless. Dianne

Closed Thread