It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2005, 10:21 PM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User
Re: Incontinence issues

Hi Sally,

I do not think you are trying too hard. Just remember, that when you need a respite/rest, just do it, take it! I will do everything to help my parents (the wrong way and the right way!). Then I will get fed up, because it all seems for naught! So, I just step back for a few days or a week. I still go over there and help, but I do not try to get them to do a new thing that would help, or to butt in too much (just as little as will get them by).

I am so glad that you are getting her the bracelet! Because she is such a wanderer and BIL lets her, she really needs one. And that was really smart to get some free Depends before spending $15. - $20. for a whole box. She just may not want to wear them - And if so, she will not wear them!

You did good, telling FIL all you told him! At least he will jump start things for a day or two. Now when is it MIL can go to respite care? About a month?!

Just be careful for you. Try to immerse yourself in your schoolwork, family and yourself! I know tho, that you cannot just ignore what is right downstairs.

Take care of you 1st!!!!! Wannabe

Old 09-09-2005, 06:22 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User

Those two (FIL and BIL) need to be on a "Faces of Denial" poster! What more do they need to see that caring for MIL is a 24/7, never sleep soundly job? She needs to be cared for by a team of people. She at the point where it's about impossible for one person to care for her.

Did you get in touch with ACAT or G? If so, how did that go?

I feel awful for Cameron. It must hurt him that nana is starting to treat him badly too. From what you said in previous posts from long ago, I gather that Cameron was very close to her and she was very fond of him. This disease just leaves it's mark on everyone, doesn't it?

Oh I forgot to tell you I left my retail job. I'm NOT going back! I love driving the school bus! All of my kids are special needs. Most of them are early childhood 3-5 years old. Most of my kids have autism or are mentally retarded. One of my kids is blind. One is deaf and has cerebral palsy and cannot walk. I LOVE HER! She's a sweetheart. Her mom is teaching me some simple sign language. I want to be able to connect with her as I do with all the kids. I play Radio Disney for them and they love listening to the stories on the radio. Thursday, they didn't want to go home because they were telling the story of Jack and the Beanstalk over the radio!

I'm going to have a cup of tea and lounge on the couch. I have a bit or rare time alone. Gotta savor it while it's here! Ahhhhh.....relaxation.

Do tell what ACAT or G said and tell me if your shoulder is better or not.

Love, Barb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2005, 07:30 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

angel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB User

NO word from either as yet ... but I shall persist.

Good on you for bus driving .. it's very rewarding with the littlies. Just like I find it quite rewarding with the oldies that aren't related to me LOL

Enjoy your peace and tranquility. Any news on the Dad front?

Hugs
Sally

Old 09-09-2005, 08:00 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User

I'm just getting the same kind of stuff that Martha used to get from Moo. "Oh he's doing good. We went here and there and dad saw so and so."

He is getting on her nerves though. I just talked to her and she said they went grocery shopping. Dad had the cart and he wouldn't push the cart to her when she needed to put something in it. And his poodle (a CONSTANT yapper) won't shut up. LOL

He doesn't want to change his clothes or shower. He keeps getting stories mixed up and they're making sure he doesn't try to drive.

Dad loved the Lone Ranger and CIsco Kid tv shows years ago. I found them on DVD and bought two of them. I sent them to him with his medicine I ordered. He didn't understand that these were DVD's so he tried to put them in his CD player in his car which he cannot work anymore. He thought the titles were country music groups he's never heard of. LOL He was really happy when my sister told him they were DVD's of the old tv shows we watched with him when we were little.

Love, Barb

Last edited by LuvMyLilDoggie; 09-09-2005 at 08:02 PM.

Old 09-09-2005, 10:20 PM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User

Hi Barb,

I think that it is great that you enjoy driving the bus for the special needs children! Is it a short bus? Do you drive it twice a day? My husband and I have talked about driving school buses, but I do not know if I am strong enuf to turn that big steering wheel?! Do you have an aide with you on the bus? My husband is a farmer, small farm. He could drive the bus in the am and the late afternoon and farm inbetween and on the weekends! We always think of small jobs that we could do and never seem to do them. I guess when we run out of money we will. Health care is draining our finances!

Might your father live forever at your sisters? Is the son or grandson or brother (I forget) still living there, too?! That is scary if he is. Isnt it funny how little things make our alzheimers people happy! Good too!!

Take care you guys. Wannabe

Closed Thread