It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2006, 11:53 AM   #1
(male)

bagster01 HB User
Stress Incontinence

Hi everyone. I am 7 weeks post op. and 5 weeks after catheter and am experiencing stress incontinence (mostly leakage) I was wondering if this is normal for this time period . I am feeling well and have started some light workouts at my gym. Other than the leakage and the lil guy still being alseep all is well. Any suggestions or feedback would be appreciated as I am eager to get back normalcy. Thanks again.

Old 01-23-2006, 01:09 PM   #2
(female)

Peg29 HB User
Re: Stress Incontinence

All I can tell you is that my husband is 5 months post Robot. He is dealing with stress incontinence to this day. He still goes through about 5-6 pads per day depending on how active he is. He uses only one at night. He spoke to his doctor last week about this. The doctor said to keep doing his kegal exercises. He says it is too soon to expect him to be dry. His prostate was pretty large, so there was some extra bladder construction done during the surgery. We still have hope he will be dry, so we are religious about him doing his exercises 3 times daily 30 reps each time as he was taught by the bladder rehab therapist. The doctor also told him he might hit a plateau and then see an improvement. Hope is what we are going on with this.

Hope I have helped in some way
Peg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2006, 06:25 PM   #3
(male)

bghjul HB User

It takes time I'm about 5 months out of surgery. I'm down to about one pad a day. I'm in sales and work out of my car. So the bending and leaning causes leakage. But it has gotten better from where I started. I also cut out the caffeine. The waiting is the hardest part. I use the Sernity pads for men it makes it more bearable.

Old 02-03-2006, 05:18 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

kennethpm HB User

i'm 9 months post-op and still going through about 4 pads per day.

things seem to be on a plateau.

Ken in CA

RRLP - May 9, 2005

Closed Thread