It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2006, 09:43 AM   #1
(female)

Zeusie HB User
Question 7 year old on abilify with urinary incontinence--due to Abilify?!?!? HELP!!!

My daughter has been on abilify for 1 year and we're having issues with is recurring UTI's and recently urinary incontinence. We're in the process of exploring this, and it turns out this might be one of the rarer side effects of Abilify. Has anyone encountered this side effect? She constanlty goes to the bathroom, has 2-3 wetting accidents a day (for the past 2 weeks) and we have resorted to wearing adult diapers to make things easier for her until we find out what's going on. She's currently been on an antibiotic for 4 days, and she still has some blood in her urine and no sign of improvement. She's been on abilify for 1 year and we had a similar problem last June (she started Abilify in Feb). That was cleared up with antibiotics. We're going to the doctor again tomorrow, but I was curious to see if anyone has dealt with this?

Thanks much for any help.

Last edited by Zeusie; 02-19-2006 at 01:29 PM.

Old 02-19-2006, 01:26 PM   #2
(female)

Zeusie HB User
Re: 7 year old on abilify with urinary incontinence--anyone else?!?!?

I just want to clarify, these urinary issues only started after my daughter went on Abilify. We went to her psych the other day and she agrees this might be due to the medication. Since my daughter is doing fairly well in other regards, we are going to try to cycle her off the Abilify over the next 6 weeks by decreasing her dose until she is off the Abilify all together (she's currently on 10mg a day). I'm really worried she will go back to her original angry and distructive behavior, but still, we'll deal with that once we figure out if the Abilify is causing this constant dash for the bathroom and incontinence. Anyone have anything similar problems with urinary issues due to the Abilify? Any help would really be appreciated

Last edited by Zeusie; 02-19-2006 at 01:28 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2006, 09:13 AM   #3
(male)

Toby706 HB UserToby706 HB User
Re: 7 year old on abilify with urinary incontinence--anyone else?!?!?

zeusie-

I haven't had that side effect with Abilify. I guess it is possible for any side effect to occur at anytime with any of these drugs. I was surprised that the doc put a seven year old on Abilify-I thought it was for adults with bipolar manic and schizophrenia.

Old 02-24-2006, 10:31 PM   #4
(female)

pdheck HB User
Smile Re: 7 year old on abilify with urinary incontinence--anyone else?!?!?

I took Abilify 10mg for about a little over a month and it caused me to have to go to the hospital with a bad urinary track infection and I couldnt' stop going to the bathroon to p. Also made me not be able to sit still it was driving me up the wall .Hope you have better luck with it.

God Bless and Good Luck.
pdheck

Closed Thread