It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2006, 08:08 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User
Leaking...incontinence or not???

Sorry for tmi but I've put up with this off and on for a little while now and decided to see what everyone thinks.
For the last month or more I have had to wear a pad as I have had some incontinence...never much, a pantyliner does just fine and often is just precautionary. This is my second baby and I had problems with things like running, sneezing and prolonged coughing ever since ds was born 3 years ago.
Anyway, sometimes my pad has a colour tinge it that isn't normal for urine I don't think...it is pinky brown. The odour is usually just similar to urine or usual vaginal discharge smell. I have urinanalysis strips at home (long story as to why I have them but they come in handy once in a while) and they come up normal for any leukolytes etc so I know it is not an infection in my bladder.
I am thinking it is just the contact of air with the urine or maybe the warmth of my body. I never have a lot of wetness, the pad is never really wet and doesn't need changed very often.
Any thoughts on this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2006, 10:08 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Najbia Shariq HB User
Re: Leaking...incontinence or not???

Jordyn don't worry about that. I received an article, the daily gazet from my dr's office and it said there that there will be some discharge, some smelly discharge. And it just talked about hygene and how you should wear clean underwear...blah blah blah. What I'm saying is don't worry. It happens to me to. Once in a while. Like I will feel a leak once a day. It's funny cause It will feel warm and I will think it's blood or something. LOL. You're not alone and it's ok. but if you are worried talk to your dr.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2006, 10:28 AM   #3
(female)

**Peaches** HB User

Sounds just like my liner looks - totally normal... Be aware that warm, moist panty liners and / or pads provide a great place for bacteria to grow. So, even if it is not really soiled, change your liner every 4 hours. They do not 'breath' the way your undies would...

Old 02-21-2006, 11:03 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

Thanks...hadn't really thought about the growth factor and glad to know I am normal. I hate that a hard kick from this little man can make me squeeze real quick and hope that all is well!!!

Old 02-21-2006, 11:15 AM   #5
(female)

adderall_angel HB User

The doctor's advice was that if you fill 2-3 in an hour or more, then worry.

Old 02-21-2006, 12:17 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

I wouldn't fill that many in a day so I guess I am o.k.
Anyone know what causes the colour? I'd expected it to be yellowish but not brownish or pinkish.

Old 02-21-2006, 02:13 PM   #7
(female)

adderall_angel HB User

Call midwife or doctor and ask if it is ok, and what causes it. I am curious too. Some times the urine + discharge might look pinkish...

Closed Thread