It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2006, 08:17 PM   #1
(female)

Caring4you HB User
Constipation, Gas & Fecal Incontinence?

I have suffered with constipation all of my life. I'll be 47 next month. I don't always drink enough fluids which I know is bad. I take alot of different medications that help me with other physical and emotional health issues/brain disorder. Because I have a brain disorder......I don't always remember to drink water..........within the last month....the heat, humidity and lack of fluids caused me to become very constipated so I tried some of my "tricks" to get my intestines moving again...eat certain foods, drink Coke etc. Nothing worked....my intestines wouldn't budge......then my anxiety level went up because I wasn't going to the bathroom and I was getting uncomfortable. Most of the time I "forget" that I even have an intestional disorder/should go to the bathroom because of my brain problems.
I called my Dr's office and was prescribed Miralax. It took almost a week for it to help me start going....and now I don't want to stop. Sometimes I think I will be passing gas when I am really passing soft/liquid poop. I've ruined alot of underwear, I'm unable to attend my water exercise class for fear I may lose control and contaminate the water........I can't tell anyone my problems............first you can't poop and now that's all I can do. I've suffered years ago with Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Sometimes I think I am having a flare up again. I just had my 4th endoscopy for GERD but he wouldn't do another colonoscopy. It's been 8 years since I've had one. Sometimes I have pain on my left side and alot of GAS! It's frustrating to say the least. I've started drinking more fluids to keep my intestines going and the DR says I might have to go on Miralax or Zelnorm permanently. i don't want to take another pill! I'm thinking of doing colon hydrotherapy. Has anyone done this? There was a big article in First for Women Magazine this month how a lady solved some of her health issues by doing this. I'm sick of popping pills and passing stinky smelly gas/liquid all the time. It's taking over my life.....grrrrrrr......any suggestions for me???

Kelly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2006, 02:54 AM   #2
(female)

MrsQueeZ HB User
Re: Constipation, Gas & Fecal Incontinence?

I don't know what dosage of Miralax you are taking, but it had very mild effects on me when I just had one teaspoon of it each day with liquid. Maybe you could try backing off if you are taking more than that!! I'm sorry you are having to deal with this! Best of luck!

Old 08-04-2006, 11:57 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User
Re: Constipation, Gas & Fecal Incontinence?

I agree...I was taking 17 grams of Miralax (full dose cup) and my bowels were too loose. I would also keep taking it, but reduce the dose until you figure out what works the best. Or, maybe you don't need to take it every day...you could try every other day, or two days.

Closed Thread