It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2007, 11:34 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Kel123 HB User
Pls Help!! Anyone Had Surgery For Bowel Incontinence From Birth Trauma?? Please Share

Has anyone had a sphincter repair for bowel incontinence after vaginal deliveries with trauma (tears)? Please share your story with me. I have surgery scheduled for next thursday for lateral overlapping shincteroplasty and levatorplasty. Please share your story with me--I am terrified

I have posted a couple times with no help so far for this particular surgery. Thank you so much. It would mean a lot to me.

Kel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2007, 10:53 PM   #2
(female)

ericollin HB User
Re: Pls Help!! Anyone Had Surgery For Bowel Incontinence From Birth Trauma?? Please S

Kel,
I am so sorry that no one has responded to your message. How are you doing? Do you have help in place to help care for your kids? I hope your husband is able to take off from work for a bit. I have been thinking about you. Everything will go great for you! I just know it. You are in my prayers.
ericollin

P.S. Please keep us updated on your progress.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2007, 09:34 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Kel123 HB User
Smile Re: Pls Help!! Anyone Had Surgery For Bowel Incontinence From Birth Trauma?? Please S

Hi Ericollin,

Thank you so much for the encouraging words. They mean a lot. I do my prep today, and surgery tomorrow. My hospital stay will be 3-5 days depending on how things go. I have all the meals taken care of, and help scheduled until the end of Feruary so..... I should be ok. I am looking forward to getting fixed and functioning like a normal human. I am still scared, but I think that is normal. I will give you an update when I can. Thanks again, God Bless!

Kelley

Old 01-17-2007, 06:53 PM   #4
(female)

maggiemoo HB User
Re: Pls Help!! Anyone Had Surgery For Bowel Incontinence From Birth Trauma?? Please S

Just wanted to also say good luck tomorrow. Take care of yourself. As hard as it is to take time to recover, make sure you do, which will be hard when you have little ones. It sounds like you have things well taken care of. Keep saying yes to offers of help.

Maggie

Old 01-17-2007, 10:37 PM   #5
(female)

mimiof3 HB User

Please know that I am thinking of you as well as others on this site. God Bless you!

Closed Thread