It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2007, 03:47 PM   #1
(female)

bboberg HB User
Unhappy incontinence too stressed to talk about it?

in my mid 30's, female, and now my uro-doc says I need a bladder suspension surgery to stop my stress incontinence going often feeling from happening. This just got worse over the weekend, even though I saw my surgeon a week ago. My not-so-bad-incontinence I have had since my early 20's, so now this surgery better be simple, because my bladder is starting to feel sensitive, probably because I go so much. No infection, though, but very aggrivating.

Last edited by bboberg; 01-24-2007 at 03:48 PM.

Old 01-24-2007, 05:36 PM   #2
(female)

beachlovr HB User
Re: incontinence too stressed to talk about it?

Please make sure that you get at least two opinions from different doctors. Also, make sure that your OB knows that you are having these types of problems. I have heard a story that one urologist used the wrong type of bladder sling material on a woman and now she is having all kinds of problems. Make sure you know all the risks that are involved in whatever particular surgery that you are having.

I would highly recommend that you see a special urologist that specializes in women's urinary issues called a urogynecologist. To find one near you go to this website:

[url]http://www.augs.org/custom/patient_directory/?pageid=213&showTitle=1[/url]

I already looked and there are quite a few of these doctors in MA. I hope one is near you. This type of doctor is so popular near me that they are scheduled way out. My OB/GYN called the urogyne and I got in quicker with this referral.

I never knew there were such doctors until I started having some bladder issues after my last child was born. I am in my mid-30's too. Do you have any kids?

Last edited by beachlovr; 01-29-2007 at 12:03 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread