It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2007, 07:26 AM   #1
(female)

SteffiM HB User
Urinary incontinence

So, I posted here a while ago about problems I had. They got much worse ater I had yet another infection. I had wet nights, I hardly ever made it to the toilet in time during the day and I peed when I coughed or sneezed.

So I finally went to the urologist. I am suffering from stress incontinence (after the birth) urge incontinence and nocturnal enuresis.

The bladder muscle is overactive and contracts when it shouldn't. the bladder pressure is too high prior to voiding.

I am on two meds now which calmed the detrusor down during the day and I have dry nights again. The meds are called Propiverine (for the urge incontinence) and desmopressin (for the nocturnal enuresis). For the stress incontinence I need to do exercises, all in all the condition is better now.

It had to because it was making me depressed and I felt totally worthless because I have been abused to the bladder weakness as a child.

Anyone else out there with similar symptoms?

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
get rid of my motion and urinary incontinence? future achieve Incontinence 5 06-25-2012 04:08 PM
Renessa Stress Urinary Incontinence treatment Bad results-poor outcome-not effective cats61 Incontinence 0 02-23-2009 12:03 PM
A Board for Urinary Incontinence Would Be Helpful tinkerbell78 Incontinence 0 09-12-2008 02:54 PM
Urinary dribbling? abigail123 Urology 1 12-02-2006 12:59 PM
prolapsed rectum and urinary incontinence seriousperson Incontinence 4 04-25-2006 09:11 PM