It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2008, 10:03 PM   #1
(female)

anprdp HB User
Stress Incontinence

I am a 31 year old female who has had 2 children. Both children were vaginal births and there was tearing. With the first I want to say 13 stitches. I have also had several surgeries, several through the abdomen including some colon surgery. I have noticed since this time my ability to control my urine during stressful times has diminished. I cough, I pee, I laugh, I pee, I sneeze, I pee, and oh my if I throw up I literally use the bathroom (all of it) in the floor. I recently had trouble with my hiatal hernia, threw up in the toilet and emptied my bladder on the floor. Then I went to the the ER for help and was throwing up there and urinated all over myself. They had to give me a depends, which is typically embarassing for a 31 year old to admit to the nurse, "Do you happen to have a change of pants, I have wet myself." I guess my question is do other women have these problems and what was done for you? I have done kegels since my last birth to no avail. Any other stories and successes after surgery out there?

Old 03-07-2008, 09:15 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Momof2sons HB User
Re: Stress Incontinence

anprdp,
Have you concidered going to see a urologist? I too had 2 children, and had a tramtic birth with the first. A forcept delivery, and tearing to my butt. From that time, I suffered with stress incontinence, and my bladder prolapsed. I could no longer use a tampon, because my "bladder" would litteraly PUSH it back out! I didnt have anything fixed because I knew at that time I would have a second child. After the second birth, which was MUCH easier, My bladder REALLY prolapsed! I could literly SEE it using a mirror!
It turns out, my Uterus as well as my bladder was prolapsed. So I had a hysterectomy along with a bladder sling procedure. I was 33 at the time.
I would suggest you be evaluated by a Urologist, and even your GYN, to see if they can help you. It could be a matter of simple medication, may fix, or perhaps some surgery may need to be done.

Wish you well,
GOd bless, and take care,
Annette

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2008, 07:41 PM   #3
(female)

peacefrog HB User
Re: Stress Incontinence

I don't think this will apply to you, but after I had a complete hysterectomy I noticed when I quit taking my hormone replacement therapy I had major stress incontinence. My gyno said our hormones do, in fact, affect more functions than we usually think of. I only mention this in case someone else reading this may find a connection worth looking into.

Closed Thread