It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2008, 09:41 PM   #1
(male)

ShuaiGe123 HB User
help needed with bowel incontinence

Hello,

Problem: bowel incontinence, need advice. privacy a concern-->please use Private Message, will give details then.

Thank you

Shuai Ge

Edit:

ok, so i realized that there is no private message and i am not allowed to communicate off the board. so i will describe the symptoms here:

i have been experiencing fecal incontenince for several months. if i am not careful i will soil my underwear after a bowel movement. even wiping several times wont help. stool does not leak at any other time, and if i wash the area in the shower after bowel movement, there is no issue, so it seems to be a consequence of an inability to wipe properly. now, i have examined the area with my fingers and found that the anal sphincter does not have a tight seal. this may be due to two reasons i can think of. the first is from a deliberate reaction to a medicine i was taking. the medicine led to poor absorbtion of water in the colon, so i retaiined the stool for a couple of days to allow for the water to more fully absorb. this habit persisted for around 3 years. the other would be because of an effort i made 2-3 years ago to overcome medicinally-induced ED, where on fewer than 10 occasions, i made non-vigirous intrusions with fingers. I have discontinued the use of the medicine and of both practices.

so now, i have this problem. any suggestions on how i can solve this?

Shuai Ge

Last edited by ShuaiGe123; 05-16-2008 at 11:29 PM. Reason: conforming to forum guidelines

Old 05-17-2008, 10:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: help needed with bowel incontinence

I think you need to take a water soluble fiber supplement like Metamucil. It will make you more bulk up your stools and make you more regular by slowing down your gastrointestinal tract.

Eating too much insoluble fiber will cause more BMs and with some people loose stools.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2008, 11:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: help needed with bowel incontinence

You have a surprisingly common problem and there isn't anything to do about it that I have heard of. Most people just keep on hand baby wipes and have to use those a couple times during the day after the bowel movement. It doesn't really matter what caused it ...it is now what to do about it and it seems it just happens and you just have to wipe several times a day after either with a wet cloth or easier to just have baby wipes on hand...they are gentle and you can take them with you by putting a couple in a plastic baggy and stick them in your pocket for the day. Sorry nothing more to do about it. good luck

Closed Thread