It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2008, 07:10 AM   #1
(female)

Hosta Lover HB User
Red face Bowel Incontinence

Hi Everyone,

I have a real problem that started this past Friday, I was at work, sitting at my desk and all of a sudden my pants felt funny. I went to the bathroom and found a small amount of fecal matter in my underwear. This happened at least 8 times on Friday. Since Friday, I have had this problem 10-12 times a day, even at night while I am sleeping. I am not sneezing, passing gas, coughing etc. I have had problems with constipation though as I take Avinza.

Surgery was July last year, fused from L4-L3, but I am also fused from S1-L4 all different surgeries.

I also found out, from reading my Drs. notes that I do have a psudeomenigcele (sp) 8 cm long head to to, 1.5 inches wide. The surgeon has never mentioned this to me, but did tell me that I had fluid on my spine from the surgery, because they move muscle and remove bone and the fluid takes its place until I heal. That is a crock. Anyway, I have pain in my butt cheeks, hip pain that feels like I am being stabbed, and stumble alot.

I went to my regular Dr. yesterday, he told me to keep my appointment with my PM today.

How do I get this Dr. to fix my pain, and this bowel issue. He won't acknowledge the spinal fluid on my spine and his notes state he nicked the dura mater. I think he is afraid of a lawsuit.

I have lost three days of work, I am temping and would really like to be hired by this company.

What do you think?

Hostalover

Last edited by Hosta Lover; 08-13-2008 at 07:13 AM. Reason: add additional information

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2008, 06:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

momzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB User
Re: Bowel Incontinence

I have had simlilar episodes and battle constipation from the pain killers I have to take.
Please tell your doctor ( I called my GP-not the spine doc) EXACTLY what is going on. This could be serious and yes I would keep documentation on everything in case you have to confront the spine surgeon with what you find.
In the meantime-I have to use thin pads everyday(sorry if TMI!) just incase.

CHeck out the bowel disorder boards here-they can help too.

Blessings,
Michelle

Old 08-13-2008, 07:45 PM   #3
(female)

Mamasan2007 HB User

I would go to the emergency room right away---->>>>
This is not something, you wait on!

Old 08-14-2008, 12:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Justoneofus HB User

Hostalover, any update from seeing the PM?

I would be extremely concerned with the uncontrollable bowel. That is considered a serious issue and I am curious as to what your GP said to you about it.

I would have to agree that it warrants immediate medical attention.

I look forward to your update. Hope things are a bit better for you.

L5/S1 bulging @ 18, now 46; still there (but no pain)
Fusion at L4/L5 Apr -2006
Solidly Fused Nov-2006
A Success, but still improving!

Old 08-14-2008, 05:19 AM   #5
(female)

Hosta Lover HB User

I had a STAT MRI yesterday, they did not show any problem with my back. I am still having the symptoms.

However, I have a second opinion Dr. that I will contact later today, when I saw him he wanted to see actual MRI's and CT-scans. Now I have something to show him.

Thanks,

Hosta

Closed Thread