It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2009, 12:03 PM   #1
(female)

cats61 HB User
Renessa Stress Urinary Incontinence treatment Bad results-poor outcome-not effective

I had the Renessa procedure done in October 2007. I have since looked for testimony from others on the effectiveness. I can not find information from a doctor or patient saying that the Renessa treatment had good results. Before the treatment, I had mild stress urinary incontinence that was getting worse over time. After the treatment, I was worse. I had to wear one or more pads every day. I leaked from walking, or from shouting for my dogs. I had bad results, as I have stated in a similar post. I have seen some posts on other sites from doctors or clinics that reported poor results. I changed doctors from a urologist to a urogynecologist, who listened to me and I grew to trust, and I recently followed her advice to undergo a sling Transobturator tape or Tension-Free Vaginal Tape (TVT) surgery. It's a long recovery (6 weeks to resume full activity), but so far I have been happy with the results, no pads, no leaks. I am not up to full activity yet. But from my perspective, Renessa was a complete failure and caused me a lot of emotional pain (depression). I hope I can resume a normal life now. If anyone can report a positive outcome from Renessa, I would be glad to hear about it, but as I said, I haven't seen one yet. Novasys, the company that sells the equipment that is used in the procedure did not offer any reason for the failure or advice, except to say they have no research or recommendation to repeat the procedure. All I can say is that by starting with Renessa to cure my SUI, I left myself open for other procedures, but unless someone hears otherwise, why waste your time or risk emotional health on Renessa?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread