It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2009, 05:26 AM   #1
(male)

future achieve HB User
get rid of my motion and urinary incontinence?

Hello,

I am 18 years old male, living in south India.

In the year 1991, when I was born I had a water balloon formed (of some fluid) on my back bone (of course was visible) and that affected the nerves going down from the spinal cord to the legs and as a result my legs became un-functional. On the 2nd day of my birth I was operated and that balloon was removed. When I was 18 months old (should have been at the end of 1992) a shunt was inserted from my brain to the stomach for draining out some more fluid (in the form of urine) which was left in my brain. Then again when I was 3 years old due to some reasons the shunt had a block and I was re-operated for that and the block was removed. Actually in those days (18 year ago) the shunts that were available were to be replaced every 4-5 years but, luckily the one that insert in my case was not of that kind but,(I think) this one's life span was only 4 years. After that I think the doctors noticed that there is no need a shunt for those fluids to be drained in the form of urine but, up till today that shunt was not remove (I am 18 yrs old now).

I don’t know why but ever since my childhood I never control over urination, and I was passing out motion only once in 3-4 days (about motion, doctors told that its because of the lack of exercise), on which I dint have control either. Right now when I feel the urge to urinate I can hardly control it for 3-15 min’s depending upon how much water I drank in the past few hours, and even for controlling for those 3-15mins, even at the age of 18yrs, I have this very bad habit of squeezing the tip of “organ of copulation” (sorry I couldn’t find alternate medical term for it) with my finger tips. Actually till I was 13-14 yrs old I use to make the beds wet at night. (When I am awake) Sometimes while attempting stop the urge to urinate, wet spot forms on my cloths, it’s too embarrassing while I am at a place where there are many people around me, especially when I am out of my house, at some place where it isn’t possible to go to the restroom. Sometimes my condition is even bad when I am due to pass motion (I pass it only once in three days). Finally I often end up excreting in my cloths.

As I was growing I was not joined in the school for the obvious reason that its difficult for me to attend the school. The situation continued the same even today while I am doing my graduation from home itself. I am stuck at home. Of course I do go out with my parents quite often, but that is when I (and even my parent) are alert about my urination (we have made it a point to carry an empty water bottle in which I can pass my urine). I avoid going out when I am due to pass my motion, and by chance if I feel the urge to pass motion when I am out of my house we have no other option then to rush back home, but by the time we reach home, I often end up excreting in my cloths.

Isn’t there any treatment which I can undergo to get rid of this urinary and motion incontinence? I heard of Kegel exercises(from the internet) but I can’t perform them as I can’t move my right leg even though I have a little knee more in my left leg.

Isn’t there any treatment to get rid of my problem so that I can attend some college daily for pursuing my post graduation, in the future? (It’s impossible to do it while facing this problem)
I know u will surely say to sit down have a chat with my parent, but they feel that I am still a kid and have never had a discussion on this topic and even I don’t want to start it without any base because that might create some kind of disturbance in my family. But they know about, and I don’t know why there are silent. Of course no parents will keep quite if there son cannot control urine and motion even at the age of 18 years. I know that they might me hiding something from me (maybe i should say, they dint reveal it to me) but, what could it be? By the way, we never bothered to speak to a doctor as far as I remember. I am just hoping for some medical advancement (to clear my problem) which my parent might not have come across (because 18 years is not a short duration),

So in one line, my question is,
Isn’t there any treatment to get rid of my motion and urinary incontinence?

Please do reply how much you have understood the case(in the form of percentage) and also let me know if you want any more information which I can try to gather without my parent knowing about this topic-post of mine in this website.

Who knows? If I get some positive response, I can show it to them and somehow convince them to take me to a doctor, for taking the treatment which the doctors suggest here. Please image from my side for one second. It will be a turning point in my life.

Please to reply something, break the silence.

Last edited by future achieve; 07-24-2009 at 03:18 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2009, 03:19 AM   #2
(male)

future achieve HB User
Re: get rid of my motion and urinary incontinence?

has the "views" count gone wrong ? .........
or, am i not clear in my post ?

why i am not replies, even after 100 views ?

Old 07-25-2009, 10:10 PM   #3
(male)

Randyrockpile HB User

Have you had an MRI or some kind of scan done of the lumber spine. . The most recent one the ones when you where born will not be as good.
If so can you read to me everything that is on it. Not the conclusion or immpression but the exact medical deffinitions exactly as they are stated.
I will offer you assistance with the research of your problem. As I can clearly see that you are calling out for help and would appreciate any and all help. I know exactly what it's like.
May I ask you, do you (your parents) have to pay to see a docter out of pocket?
I don't want to get your hopes up to high but we have nothing to loose by researching and elimenating every possibility.
Always remember that we must always keep trying and keep hope, My friend was told he would never walk again and 2 years later he is walking simply by researching and keeping hope.
Tell me more about your legs please every detail. Do you have any movement??
do your toes wiggle at all if so which ones??
Do you get any pain anywhere in legs hips or body, If so describe it to me in great detail. Any burning in spine butt or any part of body. I noticed you have bowel movements every 3 days, this is very good info what else do you experience every 3 days, is it sometimes every 2 to 3 days.
The reason why I ask this is because when there and I will explain it in very lag term (easy to understand) Extrosions in the spinal cord, (Thecal Sac) sometimes what may happen is the threads will partialy come out and what happens is the cord will heal because the threads are finging out or irritating the cord it will then rupture again and this process will happen every 2 - 3 days over and over again for life. So please describe any pressure, pain, numbness, burning.

As well it will be very nice if you can go to collage and I will do my best to help you get there but remember there are other options for you as well, if this is not possible. I will also help you find these options if we can't get anywhere with our research.
I look forward for your next poste, I would like to poste all our research for others to see as We may help others at the same time.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:58 AM   #4
(male)

future achieve HB User

first of all thank you for a reply,

No i haven't had any scan/checkup/treatment as far as i remember(so it may be about 8-10years or so).
No i cant readout anything as i have posted this topic here without consulting my parents.
Money is not a problem(as far as the treatment is in India).
I am very strong mentally, and i feel happy for your friend. By the way i am not posting this here with the hope to walk(because i know that only 3-5 persons in the world might be have this problem), presently my problem is just incontinece and nothing more.
I have a little knee movement in my left leg but nothing at all in my right leg, which is about 5 inches longer then the other. Actually it takes atleast 2-3 days between 2 bowl movements, but sometimes it i am on due for 4-6 days also.
No i don't have any pressure, pain, numbness, burning anywhere on my body.

thanks for your post,
but i was expecting some defined treatment, or something that substitutes kegel exercises, i dint expect the things like research and all, its making me feel the problem as something critical. And can you please let me know the other options (to lead my life) that you mention in the end of your 1st post?(just to be prepared if its required).

Let me repeat: I expected some defined treatment, or something that substitutes kegel exercises (i cant perform kegel exercises because i don't have any movement in my right leg even though a little knee movement in my left leg).

It help me lead a good life in the future if i get rid of this problem, all this is just for my future.

Last edited by future achieve; 07-27-2009 at 05:02 AM.

Old 07-28-2009, 12:16 AM   #5
(male)

Randyrockpile HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by future achieve View Post
first of all thank you for a reply,

No i haven't had any scan/checkup/treatment as far as i remember(so it may be about 8-10years or so).
No i cant readout anything as i have posted this topic here without consulting my parents.
Money is not a problem(as far as the treatment is in India).
I am very strong mentally, and i feel happy for your friend. By the way i am not posting this here with the hope to walk(because i know that only 3-5 persons in the world might be have this problem), presently my problem is just incontinece and nothing more.
I have a little knee movement in my left leg but nothing at all in my right leg, which is about 5 inches longer then the other. Actually it takes atleast 2-3 days between 2 bowl movements, but sometimes it i am on due for 4-6 days also.
No i don't have any pressure, pain, numbness, burning anywhere on my body.

thanks for your post,
but i was expecting some defined treatment, or something that substitutes kegel exercises, i dint expect the things like research and all, its making me feel the problem as something critical. And can you please let me know the other options (to lead my life) that you mention in the end of your 1st post?(just to be prepared if its required).

Let me repeat: I expected some defined treatment, or something that substitutes kegel exercises (i cant perform kegel exercises because i don't have any movement in my right leg even though a little knee movement in my left leg).

It help me lead a good life in the future if i get rid of this problem, all this is just for my future.
I understand, you are looking for a method of treatment perhaps to replace the kegal exersizes.
I would like to offer you my assistance in any way possible, as well I have begun leading people to your thread (poste) as others would like to help as well.
I am not 100% sure of your condition thats why I am asking to research your synthoms so others can join in and help.
As far as your futare goes there are so many options I have reciently had to change my life style and am seeing that there are so many options out there . Having a computer linked to the world opens up a whole new ball game for us. i find that in business i am able to controll my enviroment, while others do the work that i can't do, thus allowing me ultimatly reach my goals and not feel so limited
But for me business is fun.
Education is very important and can be done from a computer. First lets see if we can help you with treatment.
I and hopefully others will begin checking into other possible treatment methods.
I take it the Kegal treatment is not working well.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:08 PM   #6
(female)

lillylyn HB User

A little late giving you some information. But if you dont find a solution to the urinary incontinence , one way to manage it is a catheter that is connected to a bag (normally attached at the thigh or leg in some fashion) will collect the urine while you are at school. This way you can still go to school without having to worry about sudden problems.

Closed Thread