It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2010, 10:41 PM   #1
(female)

raelee85 HB User
Urinary Incontinence young

Well, after doing some research, I have not found a whole lot of information for a healthy young women who may suffer from an overactive bladder.

As a child, I was ALWAYS a bedwetter until around the age of 12. I am quite prone to "accidents" but as a teenager I seemed to always keep it to myself. How embarrassing right? Anyhow, if my friends were to make me laugh or anything, I would have an "accident". When I was younger, I always just hid the matter but now that I have reached the age 24 as a bright young woman, I'm starting to ponder the resources and wondering what possibilities I are out there to control such an active bladder I have dealt and struggled with my whole life. I am blessed in that peeing all of the time is my only struggle in life but at the same time, I do hope to get married someday and do not really want this to be an issue when pregnant. They say prego woman pee all of the time and if that is the case!!!!!!!!!!! I am doomed...

P.S. I have outgrown the bedwetting but since about the age of 12 have noticed about one accident at night at least once a year

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2010, 11:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Urinary Incontinence young

What's your diet like? When you did your research, did you come accross any dietary suggestions? Poor diet can cause inflammation; could that be a factor? And some food items that are supposed to be good (anti-inflammation), like tea, can make an overactive bladder worse.

If you're like most people, you like tea, coffee, fruit juices, refined starches and lots of processed foods in general. Have you considered making any changes in your diet? Exercise may help too, if you don't already have an exercise routine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
(female)

JKJones HB User

I'm older but when I laugh, sneeze, or cough I dribble or have urinary accidents. I have resorted to carefree pantiliners. Most importantly I have discovered that if I completely empty my bladder, drink lots of water and cranberry juice, it helps. Mapping all the private and public restrooms always gives me confidence, and then I don't worry about having problems.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:15 AM   #4
(female)

nickkinix HB User

I also have this problem with stress incontinence, well actually I have a fair few problems downstairs. I had my son when i was 19 and since then had nothing but problems. I ended up with a prolapsed bowel and bladder. Last year I had the bowel prolapse 'repaired' (i use the term loosely!) i need to have the bladder prolapse repaired but have put it off after being so poorly after the last op. I ended up with hypothermia, chest infection, was on oxygen for a week, and had to have catheter in for a week as my bladder went into severe spasm meaning i couldnt go myself. i have been back and forth to the surgeon since and am now booked in to have a TVT / bladder sling operation next month. apparently this will help greatly with the incontinence which is why i have replied to you. I am only 26 and like you feel i am far too young to have such problems. i dont really know what to expect from this op but will let you know if it is successful as it may be something you would like to look into. anyway best wishes, hope you get sorted soon

Old 08-22-2011, 07:06 PM   #5
(female)

SandNBtwnMyToes HB User

Hey My names Paige and I'm also 24 years old. I've never had the strongest bladder and still deal with night time incontinence issues which has also lead to daytime issues. Your not alone If you wanna talk sometime feel free to send me a message on here.
-Paige

Old 08-23-2011, 10:26 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Since I last posted on this thread, I made more changes and have noticed more improvement. I cut out all wheat products except for Ezekiel bread which is made from sprouts. And I stopped using rice. Now I just use steel-cut oats and fruit for breakfast and Ezekiel bread with other meals.

These are ideas I picked up from reading "Eat Right 4 Your Type". Based on your blood type the book tells you what to eat and what to avoid. Although, I don't follow the authors advice to the letter. According to the book I'm supposed to eat meat but I don't. I'm a vegan. Still, since I made some changes, my once overactive bladder is now almost back to normal.

Last edited by JohnR41; 08-23-2011 at 10:28 AM. Reason: general

Closed Thread