It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2010, 08:33 AM   #1
(female)

tress1018 HB User
bowel incontinence with only diarrhea or bowel prep

this is what is happening to me... I am a 55 year old woman that has complete bowel incontinence when i do a bowel prep for my colonoscopy or when i am sick..no other time..i mean complete incontinence.. I am not able to hold any amount.....yesterday i got what i thought was an intestinal bug... i was shopping and without warning.. it just started to come and i had no control to stop it once it starts..i was a complete mess and had to go to the bathroom to clean up....i was totally mortified....and that continued for the next 10 hrs.... no cramping no warning... just complete empyting of the bowel...i was popping immodium like crazy.. but they weren't working... i think they were expired... becasue when my husband came home with new immodium around 7:00 i took two and it stopped..

but during the day before he got home i had to resort to wearing depends and cleaning myself (showering) after every movement..about 10=15 times... i lost count....from bed to toilet is only about 10 feet and i still couldn't make it... I am of average weight... lead an active lifestyle and work in the healthcare system...I don't even know if it was a bug yesterday as i didn't have a fever or upet stomach...but was so upsetting... it would wake me up out of a sound sleep, not with cramping, but with the leakage starting... i would try to kegal squeese as hard as i can but to no avail.. it continued to come full force....

could i possible have a torn spincter and not have leakage throughout the day/weeks/year... but when i have diarrehea, not have a strong enough muscle to hold in liquid.?.. i went though menapause about 7 years ago...
i know we loose muscle tone and i would think a small amout of leakage ould be normal with diarrhea.. but this was not a small amount... some thoughts would be greatly appreciated... thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2010, 10:34 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Laura B HB User
Re: bowel incontinence with only diarrhea or bowel prep

I don't understand your posting. You said you have bowel incontinence when you use the prepartion for a colonoscopy. That's the reason you have to take the prep to empty your bowel. When you get ready for the colonoscopy procedure you can't leave the house that day because you have to ran all day to the bathroom.

Closed Thread