It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2011, 06:46 AM   #1
(male)

Ed G HB User
stress incontinence and retrograde ejaculation induced by LAZER TURP

I had a bad case of inlarged prostate at my age of 53. I had suffered with getting up at night at least 6 or 7 times for a few years and finially elected to have the TURP surgery done. Everything went well and I was surprised at how little pain afterward there was. My doctor said that when he got up inside of my gladder with the scope, my bladder looked excessively scared from the years of my suffering from the enlarged prostate and that my lower bladder neck/sphincter area, was heavely mussel bound. He told me that he made some cuts with the lazer on my trigone area and inner sphincter valve. I want to mention some of the side effects I had following this surgery. First, is that it takes some time to recover from this surgery, not pain wise, for I really had no pain at all, just a slight bit during the hour or so I spent in recover following the surgery. My doctor told me right on the money, the things I would probably have trouble with for at least 3 months or so after my surgery. I first had problems, with very sudden, intense urges to urinate. I mean, I had to find a place to go quick, or else wet my pants. This was somewhat helped by Oxybutane which my doctor put me on. Whenever I missed taking a dose, the problem would get worse within that 24 hrs, so I tried my best to stay on the drug. I was still getting up at night to urinate 5 or 6 times a night and getting good sleep was not possible. My doctor put me on a foley cath during bed time to help me sleep through the night. I did this for about a month, each night. After about the 3rd month, I was able to stop taking the Oxybutane medicine. Now, 5 months later, I only have to get up once, sometimes twice a night to urinate. I dont have to cath at bedtime anymore and my flow of urine is like Im 18 years of age again. Absolutely no more hesitation when I need to go now. But I can definitely tell, that I don't have much in my outer sphincter, for holding back a full bladder is not easy anymore. I cant delay going too much when I get the urge to go. Bladder capacity has gone from 175-200ml to about 450 to 500ml. A good improvement. Now, to mention the lasting side effects that I have. Im now suffering from Stress Incontinence and full blown retrograde ejaculation. Whenever I lift something on the slightly heavy side, I loose urine and if I sneeze real hard, the same happens. Also, when I push to let out intestinal gas, I loose urine. Doctor said that with the TURP surgery most men have and especially what I had, you loose 2 of the 3 valves that hold back urine. And that my outer urinary sphincter valve, the last one in the chain, is weak. He told me it will most likely get worse rather than better with time. He said that I will most likely be going on catheter usage within the next 5 or so years. Im not looking forward to that.
I can handle the retrograde ejaculation. But going on foley catheters is not fun. But I will take it with a positive attitude,. Ed

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread