It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
(female)

Posey1952 HB User
Anxiety Caused Incontinence - SOS

Please, if anyone reads this and has had a similar experience I would greatly appreciate your response. I had a case of anxiety which resulted in an incontinence issue. Had a bunch of tests and all came back negative. Now on vesicare and a very low dose of zanax. I think it's helping, but just can't seem to stop obsessing about it. The more I think about it, the more I have to go. I am seeing a therapist to help me relax, but would appreciate hearing from anyone who has also gone thru this. I just want someone to tell me to chill out, relax and everything will be fine!!!

Old 08-12-2011, 10:05 PM   #2
(female)

Looking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB User
Re: Anxiety Caused Incontinence - SOS

Posey1952,

I experienced the same thing and once I had the anxiety under control, the incontinence subsided as well. It takes time to get things balanced, but I know it works. Hang in there because things will get better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2011, 06:16 AM   #3
(female)

Posey1952 HB User

I greatly appreciate your response. Would you mind telling me a bit more. I am working on calming down, but I seem to be obsessed on this bladder issue. The more I think about it the more I go and then I get anxious. Crazy cycle!! I've been going thru this for a few months now. I go back to the doctors on Monday, but I'm not sure what else I can do other than try to get this anxiety level down. Any suggestions??? Thanks again for sharing.....

Old 08-14-2011, 11:30 AM   #4
(female)

Looking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB User

Posey1952,

I just learned to redirect things that would get me worked up. I accept that these things are going to happen but I'll get through it as I have before. Like many things that cause anxiety, the more we concentrate on it, the more power we give it to upset us. This didn't happen overnight and it took time for me to successfully achieve this, but you can do it as well. Best Wishes!

Old 08-14-2011, 11:54 AM   #5
(female)

Posey1952 HB User

Thank you!!!

Old 06-02-2012, 05:12 AM   #6
(female)

jolomo HB User

Hi! I have exactly the same problem. It is hell. Vesicare did not work for me. My psychologist has suggested to be aware of my tension levels (or my hyper-vigilance) and to try and acknowkedge to myself that I am safe and not in harms way and to relax. I am fine when I feel cosy and safe. But most of the time I don't feel this way due to many irrational fears. I am sorry to hear that you are also troubled with this horrible problem.

Closed Thread