It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2011, 11:16 PM   #1
(female)

kimannbeau HB User
TVT surgery - pressure after

Hi,

I had my TVT surgery a week ago. I have had a fairly easy recovery. But the only thing that lingers is pressure in the area - it feels like my bladder is falling out lol. It is worse at night - I'm trying to take some ibuprofen in the hopes that maybe it's swelling? I'm wondering if anyone else had this and if so, how long did it last for them?

Kim

Old 01-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #2
(female)

Franlfdj HB User
Re: TVT surgery - pressure after

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimannbeau View Post
Hi,

I had my TVT surgery a week ago. I have had a fairly easy recovery. But the only thing that lingers is pressure in the area - it feels like my bladder is falling out lol. It is worse at night - I'm trying to take some ibuprofen in the hopes that maybe it's swelling? I'm wondering if anyone else had this and if so, how long did it last for them?

Kim
Hello Kim, I'm very glad that you are doing so well.
I had the TVT surgery as well as a Rectocele and Enterocele on Dec 19,2011 so I am now 5 weeks out. I too have had an easy recovery. I also believe I had a very good surgeon. I had a lot of pressure and discomfort in the surgical site. For me it was compared to a really bad menstrual flow, with out the flow. Like everything was just wanting to fall out. But that was just from the swelling. Being up on my feet for more than 20-30 minutes made it worse. 800mg of Ibuprofen every 4-6hrs really did work great! Most of that is gone now. I feel pretty good at this point, I just still have some discharge that I wish would go away. I have been told that that could last up to 8 weeks. So I'm hoping it will end soon. My doctor has said that I can't return to work for 12 weeks from my surgical date. And I am very grateful for that. This week I have started to walk a few blocks a day now and I can now lift up to 20lbs until March 16. So far no leaking when I cough or sneeze! And I can go all night with out having to go pee! If not for the discharge I would be able to go without a pad. At this point I would have this surgery again. I hope every thing works well for you. Just don't rush things and take it easy for now and let things heals. Have a great day!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread