It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
(male)

michaelrc51 HB User
Post-concussion incontinence

Hi, I am a 49 year old male who walked into the middle of a robery at my place of work (after hours - was getting a set of keys I left there). I was beaten pretty badly and suffered a fractured right orbit, broken nose, multiple facial lascerations etc. I also suffered a number "3" concussion. Two weeks after this incident, my son found me on my kitchen floor in a full grand mal seizure. I was found to have "non-nurological" seizures even though two of the three eeg's done showed minor abnormalities. I went back to another doctor this week who did reflex tests - and my right side is fine, but the left shows 95% lethargy and sluggish pupil. I also would like to note that during my fall from the grand mal seizure, I apparently struck my forehead on the counter. MRI & CAT came back ok. The last doctor has ref. me to another neurologist - as something is obviously going wrong somewhere.
Since the grand mal seizure, I have had urinary incontinence - and not very minor - it's like I don't even feel the urge to go - I just go - and I have had to resort to wearing a pair of plastic pants over the top of depends (full briefs that say "maximum absorbancy") just to keep from leaking while I am out, or even at home so I don't ruin the furniture.
I have been diagnosed with PTSD and post-concussion syndrome. I am wondering, is it the closed head injury causing the incontinence or is it stress? Almost dying twice in the period of two weeks is stressful - but enough to cause this? My doctor said it could be the medications coupled with the post-concussion syndrome. I was just wondering if anyone else has had an issue like this. Thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread