It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2012, 06:22 AM   #1
(female)

patient2011 HB User
Sphincteroplasty

Just thought I would give a quick update on my post surgery success.

At six months I was still having a few incontinence issues if I found myself constipated -- small pellets. I worried that I would always have this problem.

Now, at ten months post surgery I find that my sphincter is much stronger and I very rarely have any incontinence. I make sure I do Kegels every day--I do them at night when I'm watching TV.

Am now glad that I had the surgery, but it is only this month that I can finally say that.

My stress, anxiety and panic (which had a lot to do with CAUSING the need to "go" all the time) are much diminished. I NO LONGER WORRY CONSTANTLY about knowing where every bathroom is. (I still like to know where they are, though, just in case--don't think that habit will ever go away)!

Best Wishes to you all.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
(female)

New Momma HB User
Re: Sphincteroplasty

I am 3 weeks post op from a sphincterplasty with a fistula repair. How long was it until you could sit comfortably? Thanks

The following user gives a hug of support to New Momma:
patient2011 (10-07-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
(female)

patient2011 HB User

I you click on my username it should show you my other posts. Or go to (copy and paste)

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/incontinence/886029-sphincterolplasty-rectocele-midurethral-sling-2012-report.html#post4912984

I think it took about 2 and 1/2 months before I was able to sit comfortably again, without thinking about it.

I certainly feel for you and wish you as speedy a recovery as possible. Keep smiling! Laughing about it all really does help. If I sat (very gingerly Hee! Hee!) down and took a good look at myself carrying around a child's inflatable ring to sit on--it was easy to have a good laugh. I kept the ring in a cloth carry bag so people didn't necessarily know what I was sitting on.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #4
(female)

patient2011 HB User
Smile Re: Sphincteroplasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Momma View Post
I am 3 weeks post op from a sphincterplasty with a fistula repair. How long was it until you could sit comfortably? Thanks
I you click on my username it should show you my other posts. Or go to (copy and paste)

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/incontinence/886029-sphincterolplasty-rectocele-midurethral-sling-2012-report.html#post4912984

I think it took about 2 and 1/2 months before I was able to sit comfortably again, without thinking about it.

I certainly feel for you and wish you as speedy a recovery as possible. Keep smiling! Laughing about it all really does help. If I sat (very gingerly Hee! Hee!) down and took a good look at myself carrying around a child's inflatable ring to sit on--it was easy to have a good laugh. I kept the ring in a cloth carry bag so people didn't necessarily know what I was sitting on.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
(female)

New Momma HB User

Thank you so much for the link. It is certainly nice to read about others who have went through the same thing. All I can do is laugh about the situation because if I don't I just want to cry.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:39 AM   #6
(female)

patient2011 HB User
Smile Re: Sphincteroplasty

Sending you a get well soon Hug!

Reply Reply

Tags
incontinence, sphincteroplasty