It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board

urethral bulking agents for stress incontinence

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-24-2014, 04:33 AM   #1
jw90
(female)

jw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB User
urethral bulking agents for stress incontinence

Hi everyone I'm having this done on dec 2nd for stress incontinence and was wondering if anyone else has had this procedure they have new bulking agents on the market and they are much better then they used to be they don't migrate and are more successful...I'm sick of the leaking when I cough or sneeze ..and also I ski and workout and would like to get this to stop..

would appreciate any comments from others who have had it done

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #2
jw90
(female)

Re: urethral bulking agents for stress incontinence

seeing no one responded to this post ..I'm assuming not to many women have tried the urethral bulking agents for stress incontinence..I just had it done today and so far its working well ..keep you posted on how i'm doing when i'm farther out. what the doctor use for the bulking agent was Coaptite. you don't need to be allergy tested for it and it stays in place longer..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jw90; 12-02-2014 at 12:59 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to jw90 For This Useful Post:
Whiskers2005 (02-16-2015)
Old 12-14-2014, 07:18 AM   #3
jw90
(female)

so its been 2 weeks since I had the urethral bulking agent coaptite injected and its been wonderful and is still working for stress incontinence. with so many women who suffer with this you would think that there would be more interest and more posts from women who have had it done ..but its not easy finding posts anywhere on this subject.
I'm thinking that most people don't want to talk about it

Old 12-25-2014, 11:38 AM   #4
jw90
(female)

It is now 4 weeks out with the coaptite urethral bulking agent..and I'm still dry no leaks at all..this has made me so happy ..no one on this boards seems interested but will keep posting so if some are just looking you can get regular updates will post in another month or so and let you know how I'm doing..and now back to skiing will be having a great winter.

Old 02-07-2015, 04:42 PM   #5
jw90
(female)

just in case anyone is still interested in the coaptite injections its still working..it is so wonderful not to have to wear panty liners all the time and to be dry.

Old 02-16-2015, 03:58 PM   #6
Whiskers2005
(female)

Whiskers2005 HB UserWhiskers2005 HB UserWhiskers2005 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw90 View Post
just in case anyone is still interested in the coaptite injections its still working..it is so wonderful not to have to wear panty liners all the time and to be dry.
Hi! I just read all your posts on this. I'm wondering what it is exactly. I am so incontinent that it's driving me crazy! Constant diaper or pad wearing. Then I get tired of it, go back to underwear and a small pad. Where exactly did your dr. inject you and how much did it hurt, if any? Thanks so much for posting about this.

Old 02-18-2015, 05:43 AM   #7
jw90
(female)

Hi I had this done in the doctors office in a hospital and it was done by a urogynocologist ..I did a lot of research on this and made sure I had a doctor who does this all the time. they inject the coaptite into the urethra on each side so it makes it like an hourglass and stops the leaking. they put lidocaine or some numbing agent first and i did not find it painful and its quick. you have to have some tests done first to see if you are a candidate and I was so insurance paid for it. I still have not had any leaking and was having to wear panty liners four or five times a day. and i'm 69 ..again I'm so glad I had it done. look up coaptite on the internet to research it

Old 02-18-2015, 05:53 AM   #8
Whiskers2005
(female)

Whiskers2005 HB UserWhiskers2005 HB UserWhiskers2005 HB User

Thank you so much jw. I'll research it. I've had an inflamed urethra for almost 2 yrs now. Urologist doesn't know why & couldn't help me at the time he saw it. I thought my bladder had dropped & asked him to look. I'm 62 & am tired of wearing diapers, etc. I live in Canada so hope that this procedure is done here. I'm so glad this has worked for you.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:47 PM   #9
jw90
(female)

just posting an update the coaptite injections that I had done dec 2 2014 are still successful this was the best thing i ever had done to be dry all the time is the best thing and just want other women to know that you have options and don't have to suffer in silence

The Following User Says Thank You to jw90 For This Useful Post:
Whiskers2005 (04-23-2015)
Old 05-22-2016, 09:07 PM   #10
kaylarus
(female)

kaylarus HB User

Thank you so much for posting! I've been scared to have an operation. This sounds great!

Closed Thread