It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2003, 11:39 AM   #1

lil'momma HB User
what kinds of bottles are you guys using?

I have been trying out different bottles to use, what bottles are you guys using? Can anyone recommend a good one to use? Also which is best to use , the hard bottles or the ones that take liners? and finally does anyone know of a good type of bottle warmer to buy?

Old 11-12-2003, 05:08 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

lovemygirl HB User
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil'momma
I have been trying out different bottles to use, what bottles are you guys using? Can anyone recommend a good one to use? Also which is best to use , the hard bottles or the ones that take liners? and finally does anyone know of a good type of bottle warmer to buy?
I'm currently using the Pigeon Peralstaltic bottles. They are a hard plastic, wide-teated bottle whos teats are meant to produce the same sucking action (or close to) as that produced when breastfeeding. I have found them fantastic! You can buy them at any chemist here in Australia. You can read about them here [removed]

As for heating bottles, i just use the old standing in a saucepan of boiling water technique. This way i know the vitamins in the formula are not killed as they can in a microwave. The electric warmers look good, but i think they can be expensive.

Hope that helps

Last edited by moderator2; 11-17-2003 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Do not post commercial websites here. Only product names are allowed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2003, 08:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

coppertop HB User
My friend uses Avent bottles, although her son never had a problem with them, they sure are leaky! One just soaked her whole diaper bag the other day. They don't leak from the nipple, but where you screw the top on.

Old 11-13-2003, 07:04 AM   #4

Bmom3 HB User
mceebj

It was six years ago, but I have to say I had the same bad, leaky experience with Avent! I don't know how they compare in price now, but back then they weren't cheap!
I had luck with the old fashioned Playtex (with drop in liners). When you're at home it's hard to appreciate the liners, but when you're out it's nice to be able to throw out the liner and not have to put a dirty bottle back in your diaper bag. I don't mean to be gross or offend anyone, but the easy drop in liners do look like a used condom when you throw them away. I'm sorry, but it took us a while to get over being weired out by that.

Old 11-13-2003, 08:26 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

AmandaB HB User
With my last baby I used Dr. Browns bottles. I loved them! They had a long tube that went inside the bottle which was attached to a vave. It really worked! No wind ~ no collapsing teats ~ just a happy baby!

Old 11-13-2003, 11:55 AM   #6
(female)

MilkNKisses HB User
I use the playtex ones with the drop in liners .. I too had leaky problems with the Advent ones .. and the liners they heat up very quickly just by putting the bottle in a cup of hot tap water and you can push out all the bubbles from shaking the formual and no extra air for a gassy baby. It is probably not the most cost effective way to go but my little girl didnt respond well to anything else.

They also have the bigger based nipples for the playtex system .. the nipples like the Advent bottles .. so if you like the top but not the rest you can still use that nipple.

Closed Thread