It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2005, 05:01 PM   #1
(female)

Kirii HB User
Black spot on baby's gums

I just noticed today that my almost 12 month old has a dark almost black spot on upper gum. It's also swollen. She's teething again, but I don't know for sure if that's a tooth? It's suppose to be white not black. Any ideas?

Old 01-08-2005, 05:11 PM   #2
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User
Re: Black spot on baby's gums

Nothing to worry about. It is from teething. She could have gently bumped that part of her gum and it is a bruise. It will go away. Seriously NOTHING to worry about! I know this one from experience.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2005, 06:48 PM   #3
(female)

Kirii HB User

Okies thank you I tried looking it up on line before posting, but it's hard to weave through everything else for an answer that I can get here quicker :P
She's got 8 teeth and 3 coming in now and poor baby isn't even a year old yet though close in 2 days. I feel for her Glad that they getting it done and over with as soon as possible :P

Old 01-08-2005, 06:56 PM   #4
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

They teeth from birth. I didn't know that until the dentist told me. Isn't that sad for them poor babies. She has quite a way to go...xxxx The longest and the worst are the eye teeth, the fangs.

Old 01-08-2005, 07:06 PM   #5
(female)

Kirii HB User

The ones coming in are near where the eye teeth are gonna come in, there's a empty space for them from her other teeth and the new ones. Her pediatrician said "I thought she would have more teeth by now" saying that she wasn't teething so I didn't realize her mood change could be due to the teeth. She just saw him less than 2 weeks ago and one of the teeth has already erupted quite well. I barely noticed it til she yawned. She's been a handful all week long. Not sleeping well, being severely cranky and just getting over a cold :/

Old 01-08-2005, 07:30 PM   #6
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

Yea, there's not much you can do but give her Motrin because it's an anti inflamatory and Tylonol is not. My kids liked those icy pops or little pieces of ice. Monitored by a parent of course. lol
It will be over before you know it. Mine are 4,3,3 so it is well behind us. Well.....until the big teeth I guess. One of my daughters already lost a tooth because of a swimming pool accident. I took her to a public pool and she slid the wrong way and it ripped her baby front tooth right out of her little head. So she's four with a BIG gap. I was sick to my stomach over that. So until she's about six or seven she's toothless.

Old 01-08-2005, 10:08 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

My daughter had that too, I think it's the gums have spread under neath where the tooth is coming up and the gap is what appears dark, her tooth should appear in a day or 2.

Old 01-15-2005, 08:05 PM   #8
(female)

Kirii HB User

Still no tooth and it looks worse :/
Gonna try and get her a dentist appointment soon. She's having such a hard time sleeping. She stays up til almost midnight sometimes. Gonna head to bed and check her mouth tomorrow morning.

Old 04-18-2005, 09:33 PM   #9
(female)

kkkklopez HB User
Exclamation Re: Black spot on baby's gums

My 1 year old also has a black spot on his upper gums it has been there for a bout 2 weeks I thought It was a tooth coming in but there is nothing there it just gets bigger and blacker. Is there something wrong? Do I need a dentist or a pediatric doctor????

Old 04-19-2005, 05:33 AM   #10
Inactive

off kilter HB User

My son Paul would get like little blood blisters on his gums when new teeth were coming in. They would look black. I did take him to a dentist the first time because I did not know what they were.

Old 03-12-2007, 05:52 PM   #11
(female)

hnjwc83 HB User

So glad I found this site. Found the same thing on my 12 month old tonight, panicked, found this response. Whew!!! She started cutting her teeth all at once, has 4 top, 4 bottom, but back upper molar has the spot. Guess I'll wait and see if a tooth pops through. How long do I wait?

Closed Thread