It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2005, 02:14 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

siren1024 HB User
Cradle cap on eyebrows/eyelids

My 3 weeks old has a pretty bad case in her eyebrows/eyelids. What can I use? I was told not to use any oil or heavy lotions on her at this age because her pores need to breathe. I don't know what else to use so near her eyes???

Any suggestions?
DD born 3/24/2005

Old 04-16-2005, 04:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

worried_mommy HB User
Re: Cradle cap on eyebrows/eyelids

I'd use baby oil or mineral oil. I used baby oil on my DD when she was only a few weeks old, though she never had it in her eyebrows. I really don't know what else you could use near her eyes, anything else would be too strong I think, but I guess thats why you're asking....lol. Maybe if you're worried about the oil clogging her pores you could use it only at night and wash it of during the day?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2005, 08:12 AM   #3

TAZMZN HB User

my first ds had this....I used exzema cream and it went away in no time....if you ask your ped they can usually give you samples of elidel or something like it....it comes in handy anytime they develop dry skin areas, especially on their face and near the eyes like you need.

Old 04-17-2005, 04:24 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

anxiousme HB Useranxiousme HB Useranxiousme HB User

I just used the soft baby brush and warm water. You know the brushes that won't brush hair. Just dunk in water and scrub in litte circles. Then apply a light lotion. It seemed to clear up my sons.

Old 04-25-2005, 08:58 PM   #5

mpsweetie77 HB User

My DD is 10 weeks old now and we're still fighting cradle cap...she's got it on her head, eyebrows, forehead, ears, and I think a bit on her cheeks - it's just blending in w/ the infant acne that still flares up occasionally. The Dr gave me some "cream" to use...but the stuff never dries (I held her hands away from her face for an hour and it still hadn't dried) so I don't use it cause i am afraid of her rubbing it into her eyes or mouth. I've been using vaseline and it helps somewhat. I smear her head with it too, let it moisten things up, then rub and shampoo. That's been helping immensely (sp?) with getting the scalies off her poor head.

Old 04-27-2005, 07:39 AM   #6
(female)

Breez HB User

I've been using Aveeno Baby on my DS face/eyebrows and works very well. He still has cradle cap too but I haven't put anything on his hair/scalp yet because I don't want him to be all greesy.. but this cream works very well!

Old 04-29-2005, 03:59 AM   #7
(female)

MamaRockStar HB User

My 5 week old son has the same thing only I didn't know it. When I went for his doctor visit, she told me he has cradle cap in and between his eyebrows. She said to use baby shampoo once a day. Gently rub with water, then the shampoo. It's working and almost gone. It's hard, but try to make sure his eyes are closed. Hope this helps!

Closed Thread