It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2005, 02:48 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

brwneyez9 HB User
Question bumps on babies leg

My little girl is 8 months old. Yesterday when i picked her up from daycare she had bumps on the back of her legs. They are in the bend of her leg. They are only on her left leg and that is the only spot on that leg that the are. I thought maybe is was because of sweating, but they are not on her other leg. See she has really chuncky legs and that is why i thought it was from sweating. They are only on one leg so that doesn't make since to me.They look like a cluster of blisters. I also thought maybe an allergic reaction to meds. Again that doesn't make since because there is no other spots on her body.Does anyone have a clue what this could be?

Old 05-13-2005, 04:01 PM   #2
(female)

Im_Robyn HB User
Re: bumps on babies leg

My daughter has little bumps also in the same spot I noticed them last summer. When I took her to the doctor I was told that it was Moluscum, its a virus that is contracted by an infected child, since its only contagious to to babies and children to 12 years I believe. They are skin colored and feel kinda hard. And like your daughter they just appeared one day. If that is what your daughter has then Im sorry because even though they dont pose any threat or discomfort there is no cure there is nothing that can be done to get rid of them unless your up for having them frozen off which my doctor said would be painful for the child. They usually last three years, yes I know thats totally insane and can be spread to other places of her body.
My daughter has them on her stomach, chest, legs and neck now from scratching the cluster behind her knee is now clear but they are other places.
If your daughters bumbs wont go away in a few days take her to the doctor to find out for sure what it is, it could totally be nothing.
Well good luck

Last edited by Im_Robyn; 05-13-2005 at 04:02 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2005, 06:40 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

brwneyez9 HB User

My husband seems to thing its heat rash, but she gets heat rash all the time and i have never seen it look like this. Then i showed it to my mom and she said its just because her legs are so big. what i don't understand if it is that stuff then why isn't behind the other knee. I don't think that they are really the color of her skin. They are red. They don't look like blisters anymore. Just red little bumps.
What is Moluscum? I have never heard of this.How would she have gotten this. Thanks for your reply. I am calling the doctor on Monday.

Old 05-16-2005, 11:11 AM   #4
(female)

Im_Robyn HB User

I never heard of it either until I took my daughter to the doctor. Molluscum is a virus, that it transmitted when a child that has it scratches the infected area and then touches something or another child. It is very contagious. But it is skin colored so if your daughters bumps arent skin colored it could be something else.

Closed Thread