It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2005, 09:46 AM   #151
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User
Re: August Moms/August Babies

Spanish I love the jolly jumper, I can get about a 1/2 hour or more of stuff done with Kaden in it, I have the dorrframe one and I bought the portable type off a friend of mine so I tend to use the portable one so I can bring him so he can still see me.
Boo, I've seen some floor mats that seem like a cushion, personally I think the flat mats are better, and the square ones seem to have more space for them to play on. I think Kaden has a bit of excema on his forehead, he had some dry flakes on his scalp too, but not thick like craddle cap, it just looked like th top layer of his skin was flaking off like dandruff...I have the dry scalp under control and the excema is getting better too, I just started using an Aveeno baby lotion they had 2 types and one mentioned it was good for excema and you can apply it all over their body on babys face as well.
Well I gotta go, Kaden wants out of his swing.
Talk to you later.

Old 11-16-2005, 09:21 AM   #152
Senior Veteran
(female)

S&J HB User

Kiedy..that's awesome that your ds almost flipped over! Soon he'll be right over! Let us know as soon as he does!

Kierrasmommy..congrats on Kaden rolling over! Is he still doing a lot of it!

Booboo--i should try put our wedding video on too! I have a flat plat mat that i put Troy on...he just lays there and kicks his arms and legs around..not reaching for anything yet...hopefully soon!

Spanish..Troy is the same..not showing any real signs of wanting to roll or even moving during his tummy time....i hope in the next month or so he'll start doing stuff...he likes to stand and holds his head up great..and a few times i've gone into his room and he's moved down a few inches from where i layed him!

Is anyone done Christmas shopping yet? And what do you buy your little baby? We're thinking of getting that dinosaur play thing...it's for 6mos+..it looks fun!
Well i hear Troymoving around from his nap..talk to you all soon!
S

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2005, 03:51 PM   #153
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Hi,
Well glad all is well Annaum has not done any rolling over in fact she is very grumpy today and is not settling dowm to sleep. She has had her feed and nappy changed dont know what else to do ? its nearly midnite........................ she is crying so l have given her gripe water.

Well Annaum and l went to our post natal group where the book people came and highlighted the importance of introducing the babies to books via libraries. So l will try and enrol dd to the local library where they are very good at lending books and even if you are overdue on them they will not charge. Annaum now weighs 12.9 ounces and she is 3 months and one week what do your babies weigh? thanks.

Old 11-16-2005, 04:45 PM   #154
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

S&J,
No Kaden hasn't rolled over since then, we haven't had time to play on the floor since that day so he hasn't had much chance, but this morning when I layed him on his belly to snap up the back of his diaper shirt (the 3 snaps down from the neck) he brought his leg up right under him so his butt was in the air a bit...if he had both legs up he would have had his butt up. I think he is going to crawl sooner than Kierra did, she was a late crawler, I'd have to check her baby book but we were almost sure she'd walk before she crawled. I'll let you know next time I post how old she was...wait...my book is still down here...she was 9 1/2 months old when she started crawling. And 15 months old when she walked alone, she'd walk with help from 6 months on, but unassisted wasn't until 15 months and I tricked her by bribing her with cheese to get her to walk that time. LOL.
Boo,
Sometimes Kaden is like that and the only thing that will settle him is cuddling with Mommy...he'll just lay thre and stare at me for the longest time then fall asleep.
Speaking of falling asleep, how long do your babies nap for each time? It seems like Kaden doesn't nap for very long at a time unless I am holding him, but I don't want to get him used to that habit. I'm going to keep track of his sleep and awake cycles for the next few days and ask the pediatrician the next time I see him to see if that is normal...I want to try and get an appointment next week or later this week if they can squeeze me in, I want him to check Kaden's soft spot, I just think his soft spot seems so small I worry that it will cause problems...he wasn't concerned last time I mentioned it though.
Well, gotta go Kaden is bored and I have to start making supper. Talk to you all soon.

Old 11-17-2005, 06:44 AM   #155
(female)

Sarahj HB User

Hello all...

Tala has picked up a cold :-( She seems to be handling it well though. Still sleeping through most nights in her swing. She can't breathe when I lay her flat so it works out to put her in her swing.

Kierrasmommy: Tala naps for an hour usually. She doesn't take naps during the day at day care. We give her one nap sometime between 5 and 9 and then down for the night around 10 pm. She sleep in her swing for naps usually.

Boo Boo: Tala was weighed yesterday and she weighed 13 lbs 9 oz. She is also alittle over 3 months. Have you had any luck with the gripe water?

S&J: I haven't started Christmas shopping yet, but I pretty much know I am going to get her a bouncey chair. She has one at daycare and loves it. How old is Troy now?

Well, talk to everyone later.

Sarah

Old 11-17-2005, 01:51 PM   #156
Veteran
(female)

Spanish HB User

Kierrasmommy: DD isn't very consistent with naps, some days she'll take three or four 45 minute naps and then she has days, like today, when she had one sleep of 3 hours in the middle of the day. I actually woke her up from that one because it had been 6 hours since she fed and I was starting to get worried that I was going to be up all night feeding her. She's been an absolute horror to put down tonight, between DH and I it's taken nearly 2 hours!!! It all seems quiet for now but I have a nasty feeling that the lack of eating during the day means I'll be up and feeding her at 2am....I'll let you know!

Spanish

Old 11-17-2005, 03:00 PM   #157
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Well, Sounds like maybe Kaden is napping normal then, I just figured he should nap for longer, Kierra was always such a good sleeper/napper, I guess I thought she was the norm.
Kaden slept for 5 1/2 hours lastnight! Yaaaaaaayyyyy! And the night before he did 4 1/2 hours so maybe this is a start to longer night sleeping. I woke up after 5 hours lastnight and checked on him because I am so used to him being up before that I got worried. It's always the first stretch of sleep that is the longest...lastnight it was 5 1/2 hours then 3 hours then 2 1/2 hours.
He laughed again lastnight, I was dressing him and pretended to gobble up his chest and neck and he laughed a couple times. I can't wait until he laughs more easily and for longer. For Christmas I think we are going to get Kaden a toy that he can play with on the floor, but that converts to a ride on toy then to a walking toy. I got him some toys already...I think they are the things that go in that dinosaur toy that someone mentioned they were going to get, they are clear balls with animal toys inside, I also got the square ones that are the same but with sports theme toys inside. And I'm sure we'll get him some learning toys and some clothes too. There's not alot he needs because I had alot of the stuff already from Kierra like the excersaucer, bouncy chair, jolly jumper, toys, etc.
Has anyone decided when they'll start cereal with their little ones? They say 4 months old is best, but when Kierra was a baby I remember reading that you can start a bit earlier if they are doing a # of tasks that they had listed, but I don't remember where I read it, and all of the tasks, I know holding head up steady was one, and shows interest in food when we are eating I think was another...I don't know I can't remember, but I checked and Kierra was 14 weeks old when I started her on runny rice cereal, and I wrote "she liked it and would get excited when the spoon was coming". I think I'll ask the pediatrician when I get in next...which reminds me I have to go call and see if I can get him an appointment! TTYL

Old 11-17-2005, 10:39 PM   #158
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiedy HB User

You guys are bad, I don't check the board for couple of days, and there is like 10 entries for me to read, it's hard to keep up, lol
S&J: ...done Christmas shopping?? haven't even started thinking about it, it seems kind of early for me to get into it this year, but I did buy 3 Santa soxs (gosh, is that what you call them??), one of course for our little guy. My DH who is jewish even decided to get into it, usually he celebrates w/ me only b/c i'm catholic, but this year he's into it more, asking me what we need for christmas. It's cute.

Kierasmommy; I'm at the same stage, wandering when I should start my DS on rice cereal, I think I'll do more reading on the net, I'll let you know what I find out. Good for you about the 5.5 hr sleep stretch. My DS last night had the best sleep ever. He slept from 9pm to 6am, without waking up even once. I COULDN'T believe it. He usually wakes up at 2am for pacifier, and in the last couple of weeks he started waking up at 12 for feeding again, and 2 or 3 for pacifier, and last night out of the blue he just slept all night. That's 9 hrs, I still can't believe it. Of course I spent all night doing 3 months worth of ironing and didn't go to bed until midnight, so when he woke up at 6 I was exhusted, so I put him in the swing and he slept until I woke up at 11:25 am, at which time I woke him up. You all know what this means, he will be up every 3 hrs tonight ... I'll let you know tomorrow.

Oh, someone was asking about our kids weight, my DS was 16lbs and 26inches, on October 21 ( at almost 3month), I will know his new weight next week when he goes for his 4mo shots. He has to be heavier, I can bearly lift him up in the air.

Well, talk to you girls soon, I'm happy to see that our kids are doing soo well (Ohhh, the dog is sleeping on DS's play mat agian, ...drives me crazy, lol)

Last edited by Kiedy; 11-18-2005 at 11:21 AM.

Old 11-18-2005, 06:14 AM   #159
Veteran
(female)

Spanish HB User

Well I wasn't quite right when I said she'd be awake at 2am....it was 2.10am!!! LOL!

Old 11-18-2005, 09:58 AM   #160
Senior Veteran
(female)

S&J HB User

Lol @ kiedy! DH and I absolutely LOVE Christmas and we start shopping in August..just buying a few things at a time so we can enjoy most of dec wrapping presents...making cookies..sending cards...we started putting up our lights a few days ago since the weather has been nice! We still need to buy Troy a Christmas stocking. That is cute that your dh is getting involved with your Christmas celebrations!
I had Troy weighed a few days ago and he was 16lbs 14oz and was 26 inches.
He still isn't rolling any which way yet...tummy time still is short...I'm still trying not to be concerned but i know his time will come!!!(i hope )

Troy is sleeping better at nights too..the last few nights he's been going to sleep at about 9-9:30...and waking up at 6-7am! I of course don't sleep that long because i'm waking up to make sure I hear that "tic" from his baby monitor.

Kiedy- our dog *eyes* troys playmat too..but she knows not to lay there! haha!

Kierrasmommy- i was wondering about rice cereal too..i read in a mag that when they can sit in a high chair....or they watch you eat and is interested in it....and there were a few other things too, but i forget! I think i'm going to start that when Troy is 6mos?

Well good to see all is well!
talk to you soon!
S

Old 11-18-2005, 10:42 AM   #161
Veteran
(female)

Laur77 HB User

Hi guys,
We got all moved last weekend, and now getting all caught up on the messages in-between cleaning and unpacking.
My doc says cereal at 4 months and solids at 6 months (if everything is going well). Hopefully we'll get the go-ahead when he goes for his 4 months shots in early December to start cereal. I can't wait! He already eyes my food. This morning I was holding him on my lap as I ate my cereal and he stared into the bowl the whole time! I think he was entranced by the Cheerios floating around. Then he grabbed the spoon when I was done and tried to put it in his mouth, so I think he is ready!
My dog likes Logan's mat too. He knows he's not aloud to lie on it, but he wants to so bad I had to give him his own blanket! Now he is happy and doesn't try to lie on Logan's anymore. My friend told me when I was pregnant that the dog would become a nuisance once the baby came. I said, no way! But...now I feel that way sometimes. Mostly just because the dog is on my heels every second! He follows me everywhere. As soon as I pay attention to Logan he sits as close as he can and STARES at me. If I pick up a toy to play with Logan, the dog runs and gets his toy and sits right by us. Mostly it is cute, and I feel bad for the guy as he was once our only baby, but somedays it gets really irritating! Well, I'll have to go back and read all the posts from the last few days a little better, just scanned them so far! Seems our thread is the most popular!

Last edited by Laur77; 11-18-2005 at 10:43 AM.

Old 11-18-2005, 12:32 PM   #162
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiedy HB User

Christmas stocking...that's what it is, I just blanked out last night.
S&J, I usually love Christmas too, and want to put up the tree in November, oh, and I keep it up until end of January. For some reason I'm just not as excited this year, I don't know why. Time goes by so quickly, it seems like it was just my birthday in Sep, our anniversary in Oct and my DH's birthday is end of Oct, so it seems like we just finished celebrating. I guess I'm not looking forward to having to figure out ANOTHER gift for my husband either...

Luar77, I must say no one usually is excited about moving but I must say, I envy you. My DH and I have been looking for a house for long time now, so prospects of moving would be very exciting right now. Your story about your dog made me laugh. I can totally relate. When I first got pregnant, nothing irritated me more than my usually lovable dog. Absolutely everything she did would drive me crazy, only recently has it gotten better, I feel more like myself. I'm just surprised that she still likes me.

Right now I feel like I'm in a monestary and my son is the buddah. We sit on the sofa and alternate w/ our chanting:
my son- ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
me- ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
my son - ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
me- ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
you get the picture, lol

Last edited by Kiedy; 11-18-2005 at 12:35 PM.

Old 11-18-2005, 03:50 PM   #163
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

LOL Kiedy, Kaden and I have the same conversations!
I bought Kaden his Christmas stocking last year before we even got pregnant...I wanted all of us to have matching stockings so I bought 4 and had Kierra's mine and DH's embroidered with our names...I have been thinking in the last week or so I should dig out Kaden's and get his embroidered now too.
My best friend put up all her Christmas decrations and tree last weekend. LOL, I think I'll do ours the last week of November...DH is starting to put up the outdoor lights this weekend though.
Kaden didn't sleep so well lastnight...I'm almost convinced it's because I was so excited and told you all...he must have some sort of ESP, because both times I got excited about his sleeping and mentioned it to you the very next night he was horrible. LOL
Well, I went shopping again today and now have 2 outfits to wear to my DH's Christmas party! I liked the first one but wasn't sure it was dressy enough and DH liked it but I would have prefered a bigger reaction to it, so I went out and bought a sexy black dress with a small diamond square of black sequins by the right hip, so I'll return the first outfit...I'm glad because the first outfit was going to be harder to find outfits for both kids and DH to match...it had aqua, pink, army green and cream embriodery on it and it seems like all the dressy kids outfits are the Christmas reds and stuff, so me wearing solid black will help. I'm going to go tonight after dinner and find their outfits, there's a place called "The Childrens Place" and they have the cutest stuff at reasonable prices.
Well, I should go, Talk to you all soon.

Old 11-21-2005, 12:43 PM   #164
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Hi all,

I can not beleive how much you guys are posting, flippin heck it takes me ages to catch up! lol

Kierrasmommie, Annaum hardly naps at all but soemtimes lm really lucky as she wont wake up till 11 am and thats if she has fallen asleep at 11 pm at nite, sometimes she will have her morning feed and then go to sleep for 2 hours however, its rare now that she willnap for 1 - 2 hrs straight?

Sarah- Grip water is great, dd not to kean on it though!

DD likes sleeping in her cot, but l still have problems trying ot get her to sleep early like 8 pm straigh ttill the next day perhapes she is too young? what do you think?

Well dd is nearly 13 pounds she really has slowed down her weight its been like 3-weeks and she has not put much weight on she is now 3 months and two weeks. I got her tooth checked out today and l think there may be another one coming as l can see some whiteness on her gum. I have to keep an eye on her tooth incase it does start to wobble. The dr has reffered dd tothe childrens hospital so they can see too. I would hate for dd to have to have them taken out as she is too young. Well l guess we will have to wait and see. Im looking forward to taking dd to see the christmas lights. DD also now can turn and lean on her side! I am alsoi reading to her and she loves to turn the pages. I am also doing some baby yoga with her its fun, l would advise it for you mums who have not trie dit yet. Any way bette rgo and have my soak in the bath! take care all

Old 11-22-2005, 11:17 AM   #165
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiedy HB User

boo boo,

I've read that you should adjust your baby's night time sleep by 15min every couple of days. If she normally goes to bed at 11pm, try putting her down at 10:45 for couple of days, then 10:30 and so on. My DS used to go to bed at 9pm, took me a week to get him to go to sleep at 8pm. I find that now that he is going to bed earlier he sleeps much better than when he went to bed at 10pm or later. Also he naps better too. Try working on earlier bed time first though, one thing at a time, right?

Closed Thread