It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2005, 12:39 PM   #31
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User
Re: August Moms/August Babies

I found the flyer, it was from Zellers, they had infant pumpkin, ghost and kitty cat costumes that zip up and have a hood for $9.97 each. I'm going to maybe go there tonight and see if I can get one.

Old 10-14-2005, 12:17 PM   #32
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Well, I lucked out, I found a caterpillar costume for Kaden at Zellers, they were out of the pumpkins and ghosts and had a few kitty ones but the kittys looked feminine so we got the caterpillar, it is really cute, and $9.97 is pretty good.
Do your babies sometimes projectile puke for no reason? This morning Kaden was sitting in his bouncy chair while Kierra and I ate breakfast and all of a sudden he exploded...he puked all over himself and up to about 3 inches past his feet off the boucy chair! He wasn't fussy before hand so it caught me off guard, and when I went to wipe him up he was all smiles...silly little guy. I know he isn't sick, I think he just ate too much...in the mornings I bring him in bed with me so he doesn't wake up Kierra (during the night she sleeps like a log, but in the mornings she is a lighter sleeper) and he eats, but I sometimes fall asleep (very light sleep) so he can attach himself to the boob whenever he likes and I don't pay attention to how much he eats....what do you guys think, did he just eat too much? Needless to say he has now had a bath and is sleeping again...he gets sleepy after baths, and after I got him dried off and dressed it was my turn to do the same and he didn't like that idea so he worked himself up over it, as soon as I picked him up and gave him his sucky he was all sleepy eyed so I layed him right in his crib while he was still half awake...I'm hoping that will help him learn how to fall asleep on his own...I haven't heard a peep out of him so it worked so far.
Well, I hope all is well with everyone else, talk to you all soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2005, 01:43 PM   #33
(female)

Sarahj HB User

Hi all-Sounds like there is progress being made with sleeping patterns. Tala is getting better as well. She gets up once between 3-4 am and goes to sleep at 9 pm most nights. I have to get her up at 6 am to get ready for daycare. She was a fussy last night from some pretty bad gas but still went to bed at 11 and slept til 4 am. Last night she slept from 4 am to 7:30 am in her crib. We are trying to get her used to the crib alittle more. Someone asked about "The Happiest Baby on the Block". We bought that book and it did wonders for her colic. It does have a lot on helping get healthy sleep habits as well.

Today we took the kids to get halloween costumes. Tristin is going to be Darth Vader, Piper is Dora the Explorer and Tala is a monkey with a banana peel on her head. The costume is going to be too big so we will probably have her in it again next year. Scott and I are dressing up this year as well. I am a tavern winch and he is a beer keg. It should be fun!!

Well, Tala is napping so I think I will too...talk to you all soon.

Sarah

Old 10-15-2005, 08:29 PM   #34
Senior Veteran
(female)

S&J HB User

Spanish...that outfit sounds sooo cute! I'm in Canada and where we live everybody dresses up and decorates their houses and goes trick or treating. Dh and I go all out with decorating the yard for the kids! I worked in a school so the kids make sure to come by our place

Kierrasmommy..we went everywhere today looking for costumes! And where did we end up getting it??? Zellers!! and what is Troy going to be...??? A caterpillar too! It's the orange one.. I think Troy had an upset tummy today because he spit up more than usual or else he ate too much. Maybe that's why Kaden spit more too? We also bought the wedge from babies r us and the little fleece blanket thingy that they can sleep in..it zips up...his room is a little bit cooler than the rest of the house and if i crank up the heat dh and i are sweating up a storm and can't sleep!

Sarahj..Troy has the same sleeping pattern as Tala..at least for now! The last 3 nights have been great! It's nice to be able to sleep for more than 4 hours!

Well....I think i'm going to try formula again tomorrow morning so i can pump. Troy was eating at least every 4 hours during the day but now it's about 3- 3.5...and it feels like he's draining me everytime...my boobs don't even feel full like they used to....i hope my milk isn't diminishing? Also..when he spit up yesterday it had some yellow in it? I always thought that it should be white?
Anyways...talk to you all soon!
S

Old 10-16-2005, 06:24 AM   #35
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Hi all,

glad to see this site is up and running, and glad to see you all missed me"!!"

l have not been able to post as l have had my hands full with Annuam) she is now nine weeks old and weighs 11 ibs is that ok?

Im glad to see all you ladies are well and your little ones are good too, im kind of not into Haloween! although in the UK they celebtrate it big time!!

l wanted to ask if anyone has experienced a conditon called' cradle cap' l have been advised to wash my little ones hair without using soap with a sponge and then rubbing some mild oil in to the scalp. She has it quite bad and im not sure how it occured when l was exclusively breast feeding she was fine. She also has developed some kind of dermititis around her neck, its red and now has slightly bubbled up. I will be taking her to the docs, i think it may have been a reaction to some Johnsons baby wash (mild with oil init) that had caused it as l used it to clean Annuams neck. Her neck seems to complile some wrinkly stuff( yuck) its like a greyish colour)? or could it be the laundry powder? please help! Thanks.

Old 10-17-2005, 03:01 PM   #36
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Sarah,
Thanks for the book review...it was me who asked, I should be getting a call from the library today or tomorrow that it is in, I want to try "The No Cry Sleep Solution" too, I read about that one on these boards as well. Anyone try that one?
S&J,
Kadens is the orange caterpiller too, we have the same one! LOL There's not alot of selection out there for babies so I imagine there are going to be alot of catepillers this Halloween.
BooBoo,
I missed you! What do the nurses/Dr's say about her weight gain? I know she had a slow start so I don't think I would be too concerned as long as the nurses/Dr's aren't. Kaden has had the odd flaky day on his scalp. I use Aveeno bath/shower oil in the water and it helps alot...but if you bath her before bed rub some baby oil on her head then in the morning gently comb the flakes off and wash her hair again and it should help, you may need to do it a few times. Kadens isn't cradle cap, so I just wash with his baby shampoo then rub the Aveeno into his head and all over his body to keep his skin soft. Kaden has a rash under his neck too, it's probably from spitting up or moisture...Kierra used to get it and the Dr said it was from moisture from her spitting up/drooling, I try to change Kadens bib a few times a day to make sure it stays dry...or it could be a heat rash as well. Be sure when you dry her off after baths that you get into the crooks and crevises and between the baby fat folds to dry off everywhere, and when bathing be sure to get into all those places and wash them out to prevent skin fold lint...Kadens rolls on his thighs and under his chin are so deep I have to really work at it to get into those places. Hope that helps...
We went to my parents house this weekend....Kaden's first long rode trip...it's a 4 to 4 1/2 hour drive and I was surprised at how well he did considering he doesn't usually like car rides. On the way there I pulled over on the side of the rode twice to give him his sucky, and also stopped once to feed and change his bum, a couple times I reached back and put his sucky in his mouth. When we were there though he didn't want anything to do with my Mom so he was pretty cranky if I gave him to her...and because my Mom often ends up in tears too when babies cry she would promptly hand him back to me, so by the time we headed home I think both kids were so pooped out that they were much better on the way home. Kaden fussed for 10 seconds twice then fell asleep on his own, we woke him up once to change his bum and feed him and then he slept again for almost the whole rest of the way home, he was cranky for the last 20 minutes of the drive home...then lastnight both kids slept pretty good. Kierra woke up at 11am this morning, and Kaden was so good to eat and go to sleep in his crib...no fussing to be back in bed with Mom from him lastnight. Well, I should go, Kaden needs to eat before we go out. Talk to you soon.

Old 10-18-2005, 01:18 PM   #37
Veteran
(female)

Spanish HB User

Hi Boo Boo
My DD has cradle cap as well. My health visitor said to rub oil into her head and then brush it through to lift of the flakes and then wash her hair. Like Kierra's Mommy said it will take a while to go but we've been doing it for only a couple of days and it's much better already. I don't know if your son has much hair, my DD doesn't so I've never bothered brushing it up to now but apparently the cradle cap is caused by a build up of the normal oily secretions from the hair follicles, so if you brush his hair / head every day it will stimulate them and stop the crusty build up.

Spanish

Old 10-18-2005, 01:19 PM   #38
(female)

Sarahj HB User

Hello Boo Boo!! We did miss you! Tala had cradle cap for a short time. It was really icky because she has so much hair. Her hair is almost 2 inches long on top now. I could scrub it and it would come off but it just got stuck in her hair. We used a product by "Gentle Naturals" It is especially for Cradle cap. They also make a eczema baby cream, baby itch relief, and a tummy soother. I used it each time I gave her a bath and it has pretty much gone away. Also, the bubbling you are talking about around your dd neck sounds like a build up of crusties from spitting up and moisture. Tala has that too...and it isn't easy to get it out either. She had a bad buildup behind her left ear from where she was spitting up at night after I put her down. She rolls on her left side when we put her on her back.

Well, I am going to take a nap...

Talk to you all later

Sarah

Old 10-18-2005, 08:36 PM   #39
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Hi,
Sarah did you have a good nap?
Spanish, thats good to know, Kadens hair is never messy so I rarely comb it but I will from now on.
BooBoo, how is her scalp doing, and did you get the rash checked?
I had an eventful evening, Kierra told me she had to blow her nose but couldn't get it and she asked me to clean her nose, so I looked and I could see something but it was deep, so I tried to teach her to blow hard, which didn't work, so I used Kaden's suction bulb on her, only to realize she had stuck a small soft plastic craft bead up her nose! I couldn't get it out, so we went to the Medicentre and they got it out, by then it was so close to the end of her nose I'm sure I could have gotten it out but I was already there so we stayed, I also got the Dr to make sure there was nothing else up there. Brat! I never thought she would do that but it seems to be a stage all kids go through, my nephew stuck a peice of foam from his pillow up his nose and didn't tell anyone for a long time, my sister ended up taking him to the Dr when she couldn't figure out why he smelled weird, turned out the foam was causing an infection from being in there so long...yuck. And last year I had brought Kierra to the Health Centre because she had a high fever and there was a little guy who had stuck a piece of foil up his nose. What makes them do it noone will ever know.
I have a question for those of you who pump...how much are you getting out each pump? And when you first started what was the amount....I have a dentist appointment tomorrow (cleaning and check up) so my sister is coming with me and she is going to take Kaden for a walk and watch him and Kierra while I'm in there, and if she can't handle him (he is a Mommy's boy and sometimes I am the only one who can settle him down) she can get the nurse to come ge me...anyhow I decided to pump some milk in case he gets hungry...this is the first time I have pumped for him, but I was able to get 5oz!!! I was shocked. With Kierra when I first started pumping, I was lucky if I got a couple tablespoons the first time and it took awhile for me to get up to 5oz in one pump...and I started pumping around now with her too...tomorrow Kaden will be 2 months old, after my dentist appointment I will go get him weighed...in case you are wondering why I weigh him so much it's because his babybook has a chart that goes by his age each month so in order to chart it properly I have to weigh him each month...I did with Kierra too so it's a good way to compare them....although he is growing faster by far, it's a boy thing I think. Then after he gets weighed I have to go to the library because the book (Happiest Baby On The Block) is in for me. Well, that's all for now I'll come post tomorrow. Talk to you all soon.

Old 10-19-2005, 08:28 AM   #40
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

I forgot to mention...5oz from just one side!!! I am sure I could have gotten 9oz or more if I did both. My sister said everything works better the second time round so that's why I can pump more than I could in the beggining with Kierra...I don't know if that's true but I do know I was lucky to get 2 tablespoons from both sides when I first started with Kierra. And it took quite some time to be able to pump as much as I did lastnight. Well gotta go get the kids dressed so I can head to the dentist, talk to you later.

Last edited by kierrasmommy; 10-19-2005 at 08:29 AM.

Old 10-19-2005, 08:37 AM   #41
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Hi all,

Hope you are all well. We have our own problems to deal with and now it looks like we may have to deal with this bird flu epeidemic which has really worried me with a baby.
l am so mad l have been typing this message for 15 minutes and then l pressed something and it liked disapperaed so know l am having to retype ! im sooo mad)

Anyway, cradle cap has got better, have to wash hair again using baby oil and comb. However, did go to babies r us to get Gerbers kit they dont have it not sure if its exclusive to US think you can pourchase it from web. Here in the U.K. babies r us are not all that.

As for neck well Kierrasmommie you are rite l reckon whilst cleaning dd neck l may have neglected certain drying of creases? it has been really inflamed, and the white blothces ahve gone. However, last nite there was some bleeding from her neck like a paper cut type. I just applied oilve oil and placed some cotton wool over nite under her chin with a plaster ot hold it down. In th emorning the cotton wool had diapeared into her baby grow!! she moves tooooooooo much. I AM JUST WORRIED THAT IT MAY BE ECZEMA, . My husbands sisters kids have had it in the past and one had it real bad. My hubby has never himself had it. No one in my family has had it. the doc did prescribe me some cream but it contains some Hydrocortisine which is known to thin the skin so l have not used it I am thinking of using aloe vera gel fromt eh plant itself, this should be fine? its to apply to the back of dd neck which looks like a dry rash and is red. Please advise..

Thanks

Old 10-19-2005, 08:39 AM   #42
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Kierrasmommie so good to see you are still exclusively breast feeding l breast feed my dd about 3 times a day now, and bottle feed the rest.

Old 10-19-2005, 04:54 PM   #43
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

BooBoo,
Thanks, yeah, breastfeeding is going well. Today Kaden drank his first bottle of breastmilk, first bottle period...but he drank it. I had to switch the nipple once but he liked it after that, and he drank pretty much the whole 5 oz I had pumped, he spit up some but my sister had fed him so I don't know how much he spit up. We got him weighed today and he is starting to slow down now, he is 13lbs 13oz, he was such a wiggle worm and flirting (smiling) at the nurse that the scale didn't beep so she just went by what weight it showed the most.
Glad things seem to be better with the rash, I had a perscription for kierra once or twice like yours and it's fine to use as long as you use it sparingly and not for too long, once the rash gets better discontinue it....well I have to go Kaden is crying and DH sent Kierra to get me, talk to you all soon,
take care.

Old 10-19-2005, 05:00 PM   #44
Senior Veteran
(female)

S&J HB User

Kierrasmommy..i've gotten 6-7oz on one side! That's the side that Troy usually eats from...my other side isn't getting as full as it used to. Is anyone else experiencing this or are both your bbs full? I know i tried to offer both bbs at each feeding.

He's having a nap on his tummy right now..dh is watching him. I still dislike having tummy time b/c troy cries I thought that maybe because he's sleepy i'd try stick him on his tummy and when he wakes up he'll lift his head and maybe move it to the other side. He does sleep great on his back and that's how he sleeps....I only try and have play tummytime a few times a day but it lasts for only a few minutes because he cries.....I've noticed that his hair on the back of his head is starting to thin in one spot, so more tummy time is needed! I just reread this paragraph and noticed it kind of rambles on so i hope u allknow what i'm talking about!

Troy didn't have a bm for a day and the next day he went 3 times! And it was a lot! Can anyone suggest why this might have been? He usually goes at least once a day.

Well i better get going...dh says Troy is starting to wake!
S

Old 10-20-2005, 08:15 AM   #45
Veteran
(female)

Laur77 HB User

S&J; my son usually goes at least once a day too. A couple times though he has gone a couple days without going at all. Then suddenly it all starts coming, and he'll go several times in one day, and right out of the diaper (lovely). I don't know why this happens, he is BF, so wouldn't think he should be getting bunged up.

Closed Thread