It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2006, 01:37 PM   #466
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiedy HB User
Re: August Moms/August Babies

Kierrasmommy,

It's good that you are considering couselling, how about weekends? These issues obiously make you unhappy, so you should make it number #1, also what you can do is initially see a counsellor by yourself, and then have your DH join in. It will also give you a chance to see how you like the person you'd be working with. When I was in school, we were given 4 couselling sessions for free, and it was the best thing I did for myself. She helped me deal w/ issues that I didn't even realize bothered me. It was good to talk to someone about life issues, get some insight. Our university also had students that were training to be counsellors that you could see for free, but the person I got just didn't give me the help that I needed. So it really is a trial and error.

I totally agree w/ you about the kennels. There is only 2 or 3 in the small town where we live, but the one where I left my dog once is great. It's bright, clean and smells great. The section that they have for cats is also nice w/ big window and large area for them to walk around and climb. I told DH about it couple years ago, but he just said that he doesn't want his precious cat locked in a small cage all day or irritated by other cats. The animal sleeps all day, where does he need to go??? However, this time, he finally said that he will CONSIDER the kennel, (or finding someone else, sigh). Gosh, how long will the animal live?? DH finally agreed that we will not have another cat for a long time ( althougth he doesn't want to say never, I'm very comfortable saying NEVER!). We're going to Toronto next month, we'll see what happens.

It's finally sunny here, I'm going to go for a walk soon, talk to you later.

Last edited by Kiedy; 04-19-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2006, 08:55 AM   #467
Senior Veteran
(female)

S&J HB User
Re: August Moms/August Babies

Joanne- I'm so sorry about your relationship with your dh..I agree with you and Kiedy that counselling would be a great thing. I personally haven't been to one but have heard great things about what they can do to help. Another option is your Pastor? i have friends who "meet" with their Pastor about some issues.
I hope in the end things work out between you two.
I have some wild dreams too, so don't feel bad

Troy's top tooth hasn't poked through yet but it's there!
I had him weighed and measured yesterday and he's 23lbs 12oz and 30in.
He's eating great..I'm still not giving him a lot of table foods..the odd potato..pasta..and cheerios. I think it's a matter of me making decent meals all the time..dh works shift work and on his day shift he gets home at 8:30pm and Troy is fast asleep by then and I know i could make dinner early and he could heat it up but i guess i like to make it warm for him.

Troy is still sleeping great...some nights he'll wake up for a few minutes but not long..I went in last night and he was sleeping in his side with his arm stuck through the crib! I put him back onto his back and when I went in this morning he was on his tummy! So i'm not sure if he went back to his side and slept like that all night or on his tummy..his right cheek was rosy red!
He's starting to try and pull himself up too...and as for crawling he hasn't done that..he will flop forward and rock on his arms and that's it!

Well...dh and I are going to the city to do some shopping!
Take Care everyone and talk to you soon!
S

Closed Thread