It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2005, 04:32 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User
6 month old feeding schedule

DS is 6 months old and 20lbs. I wanted to get an idea as what other babies' feeding schedules are like. I am never sure if I give him too much or too little or if he is where he should be for his age.

DS's schedule:

5:30am- 5oz. formula
8:30am- 2ozs formula w/cereal and 1/2 jar stage 2 fruit
11am- 5oz formula
2pm- 1 jar stage 2 fruit
5pm- 5oz formula
7pm- 1 jar stage 2 veggie or fruit
8:30pm- 5oz formula

Old 12-15-2005, 05:13 PM   #2
(male)

Dadof105 HB User
Re: 6 month old feeding schedule

delete please

Last edited by Dadof105; 12-15-2005 at 05:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2005, 05:19 PM   #3
(male)

Dadof105 HB User

My DS is 5 1/2 months old. He wakes up at 7:30am, and we start his feedings at 8:00am

8am 1/2 stage 1 fruit mixed in Cereal
9am 6 oz bottle
1200 1 jar stage 1 veggie mixed in cereal
1:00pm 6oz bottle
4:00pm 6oz bottle
6:00pm 1 jar stage 1 Veggie mixed in cereal, 1 jar stage 1 fruit mixed in cereal
7:30pm 6oz bottle

then he's out for the night.....The reason I mix his foods in with cereal is because he has reflux.

I also have no idea if this is too much...not enough etc.....but DS seems quite satisfied with it and sleeps 12 hours straight thru at night. His 6 month WBV is on Saturday, so I plan on discussing this schedule then. I don't know how much he weighs...but it's around 16lbs.

When did you start stage 2 foods?

Old 12-15-2005, 05:49 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

We don't have a very good schedule. He eats rice and half a jar of fruit about ten in the morning. Then veggies about two, usually some fruit with that also, if I can get it in him. Then about 7 another rice with fruit. The bottles are just whenever though. I don't worry too much about it, he will let us know if he is hungry and he won't eat if he isn't. I mentioned in anther post that Dr wants me to force feed him an extra jar of baby food a day, but I am not going to do that.
We started stage two a month or so ago. But we just started the mixed stuff yesterday. We went with mixed veggies, peas, carrots and potatoes. ANd boy does he HATE that, lol.

Old 12-16-2005, 07:58 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User

After DS tried all the foods in stage 1, I switched to stage 2. I did this because DS likes his food thicker.

cattieos - how many ozs in DS's bottles?

Old 12-16-2005, 08:52 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User

My DS will be 6 months in 1 week, and this is what we feed him:

gets up at 7:30
eat's 5ozs
10am eat's half a jar of cereal and 4 ozs
and then between then and 3ish, he eat's as many bottles as he needs
then around 3 he get's fruit, and a bottle
and then has more bottles until bedtime, around 10ish, when he get's a veggie and a bottle and seems happy. He usually eat's about 4-5oz bottles with his food, and a little more when he just has a bottle.

Old 12-17-2005, 10:41 AM   #7
(female)

lil*hottie HB User
Talking Re: 6 month old feeding schedule

My DS just turned 6 months on the 15th. Yesterday he had his 6 month check-up and he weighed 20 lbs. My doctor told me he is a healthy little boy, and told me to keep doing what I am doing... Here is our feeding schedule:

Wakes up about 7am
-4oz. bottle at 7:00
-Cereal and a 1/2 a jar to a whole jar of stage 2 fruit at 9:00
-4oz. bottle at 11:00
-Cereal and a whole jar of stage 2 veggies at 1:00
Naps from 1:30 until 4:00
-4oz. bottle at 4:00
-4oz. bottle at 6:00
-Cereal and a stage 2 or 3 dinner at 8:00
-4oz. bottle at 10 ish before bed and then sleeps until 7

And sometimen in between feedings if he wants to munch on something and isn't completly hungery I gave him Biter Biscuts, Strawberry puffs, and Wagon Wheels. They are all made by Gerber, so they are a healthy little snack and it gets them used to harder food!

That's how our schedule is and it has been like that since he was about 3 months old, so I think it is pretty good, and he is happy with it!

*And the reason I feed him stage 2 and 3 jars is because he likes thicker food.

Last edited by lil*hottie; 12-17-2005 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Adding stuff

Old 12-19-2005, 05:50 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User

I just started DS with the puffs and wagon wheels and he loves them. I thought I was doig it a little early but I see I am not the only one.

Old 12-19-2005, 06:48 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

2fast4U-DS eats about four-6 ounces a bottle (sorry it took me so long to answer your question)
We gave DS a cracker tonight, he seemed to like it. I was wondering about the biter biscuits and such, and when to start them. What is a wagon wheel?
We also let him taste a pickle Saturday, I think they are called baby dills, they are whole pickles and sour, he LOVED it, lol. We didnt' let him bite it just rub it in on his gums.

Old 12-20-2005, 05:45 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User

cattieos - Wagon Wheels are a finger food Gerber makes for babies. They are shaped like a wagon wheel and come in flavors. DS has apple ones. Gerber also makes flavored Finger Foods (that's there name). Both of these basically disolve almost when they get moist. So a babies saliva breaks them down rather fast and they are easy to swallow. At the food store they are normally right there with the baby food. Also if you read the package on most of these items Gerber has listed the things your baby will be doing when they will be ready for these foods. DS is not completely up to the list of things but he can handle eating them.

Old 12-20-2005, 07:22 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

Thank you, I asked everyone I saw today and know one knew what they were, DH said, they are what makes a wagon move. What a smartie! I am going to get him some of those I gave him a cracker last night and a vanilla wafer today, he liked those, I think that kind of worked like the biter biscuits but didnt' make nearly the mess.
Can he pick them up and get them in his mouth himself, or do you have to help him? I was reading today that babies can't do that until they are 10 months old, but DS can pick up other things and get them in his mouth.

Old 12-21-2005, 07:42 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User

DS can get everything in his mouth. LOL. He can pick them up, the smaller things he has a harder time with. He can pick up small objects with only the thumb and forefinger on his left hand and does not have that ability on his right. But with the smaller things I like to put them in his mouth myself. This way I know he only has one in there at a time. The wagon wheels I let him do by himself but the other things are a little bigger then a cheerio so I do them myself. I just feel better if I do it then I don't have to worry if I turn my back he has 10 in there!!

Old 12-21-2005, 07:29 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

I looked for wagon wheels today and couldnt' find them, so I bought those puff things. DS was so funny, he picked them up and everything he picks up always goes directly in his mouth, except those! He didnt' even attempt to put them in his mouth, it was odd.
Later on I put them on his high chair tray and he put them in his mouth, I had to watch really carefully to make sure he only had one at a time too, although after a minute or so I realized I should jsut put one out at a time, lol. He just didnt' understand them I don't think, he would keep them in his mouth a little bit, then just open his mouth and let them fall out.

Old 12-22-2005, 06:42 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

shelliam HB User

DD has a very loose schedule. Wakes up on her own at 8:30 nurse her goes back to sleep till 9:30-10 then a 6 oz bottle
12ish cereal and her food of the day ie squash,green beans, applesaucemixed with cereal and nurse
3-4hrs later 6 oz bottle
dinnertime cereal and the rest of her FOD
before bed 6oz with cereal if I am at work or nurse and3 -4 oz w/cereal
This schedule varies because mine does too. But seems to work well anyway's.
I gave DS puffs (didn't like the wagon wheels) and we loved them!!! I am following a different route with DD. I have started everything later with her for prevenative health.Oh and DD weighed 16lbs a few weeks ago.

Closed Thread