It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2006, 03:25 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User
Feb 06 Moms & Babies

Well I figured I would start a thread for Feb moms and babies seeing as we have all started to deliver and I havent seen a Febuary thread..I was due Feb 8 but had a scheduled section on Jan 31st but I'm still a Feb mom I think! So post away!

Old 02-08-2006, 07:48 PM   #2
(female)

feb06baby HB User
Re: Feb 06 Moms & Babies

Hey Valerie-
Hows your baby doing? Mine is good. She has developed jaundice since we left the hospital and they had to send us a phototherapy incubator to use in our house until its gone. Its really frustrating since she has to be in it constantly except to feed. She hates it! She has to wear eye patches to protect her eyes and be naked except for a diaper. She was so use to being swaddled, and she does not like to sleep by herself. Always wants to be in your arms or laying next to you. I'm trying to break that. Are you BFing? I'am and its going well. Well hopefully we will hear from the others soon!
Elisha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2006, 10:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

That sucks! I hope it goes away soon! When do you have to get her levels checked again? The day we left there was a bit of a hold up becasue they thight Isaiah looked jaudice too and it was up a bit but I just brought him in the following week to get checked and he was fine...My first born was under phototherapy and he had to stay under for a while I know its frustrating..but it will end, keep that in mind! Other than that glad to hear all is well...how is she sleeping? Im am always checking on him, must be paranoid, you'd think after 2 previous childen Id be easier going, lol it has been 5 yrs since my last one though

Old 02-10-2006, 02:29 PM   #4
(female)

feb06baby HB User

Yeah, its a big pain in the butt!! We had her levels check today and they were at a 14. She has to be at 12 to be taken off the phototherapy lights. Only two more points! Its better though b/c she was at 18! We will have it checked again this Sunday. She should be done by then. Kailey sleeps ok, if she's not under the incubator. She HATES the thing. So its a challenge to get her to sleep. I can't wait until its done with. Glad to know your Isaiah is doing good. I hear ya on checking on them to make sure they are ok! This is my first, and I'm surprised how much motherly instinct I have, its crazy. Well I told the others back the pregnancy board that we have one here, so maybe we will hear from them soon! TTYL!!
Elisha

Old 02-11-2006, 10:47 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

candice12 HB User

I found you guys!!!!! Thank goodness!!!!! I was starting to miss you guys!!!!!!I think I am going to have a handful ladies... I can't seem to put my little one down!!! Even when she is sleeping!!!! I miss her so much inside me moving around! I love that she is here!!! She is the best, but I am kind of sad too! I need to tell Brooke that she needs to savor the last couple of days that she has with her little precious in there.

Cailyn is doing well... we had her ultrasound on her kidney's (remember they were dialated which means they are bigger than they should be - actully it was just the Left one) done at the hospital and she now has urine backed up into both. I am just waiting to see what the doc is going to say about that on Thursday when we go. It kind of makes mer nervous... I hate it, she is soooo perfect!!!!!!!! But anyways... I am breastfeeding also... I told you guys that I prob wouldnt but I decided too since she did sooo well at it from the get go... I absolutely love it... I tried the pump thing but I couldn't even bring myself to let anyone else feed her... so it went to waste... oh well there is still A LOT being made!!! LOL! Anyways.. well I will talk to you ladies later!!! Glad everyone is doing well.

Robyn & Elisha - are you guys still bleeding "down there"?? Just wondering. It's sooo aggrivating!! Oh ya one more question... you guys with girls... have you seen any blood at all in your baby's vaginal area? two times in her diaper she had like like a drop of blood in her discharge stuff, I calle dthe doc righ away and she said all the hormones could do that, and it was normal, but I was just wondering if you guys had anything like that. It kind of freaked me out! ok... now I am gone! Bye until next time!

Old 02-11-2006, 11:01 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

Well everything is going well with me and Isaiah he is not sleeping through the night but I dont mind even though Im sleepy and having the other two kids is a lot but dh helps out he let me sleep until 1pm today...god that felt good! I take Isaiah in on Tues for his 2 week check up already! Ill let ya know how much he gained, anyone one else feeling a bit anxious? I know the hormones are still up on the air so Im giving it time I just cant wait until it all feels normal! I love this little guy and forgot all the worries that went along with having a newborn. I said I woudnt breastfeed, I didnt think I would get anymilk in I didnt with the other two but I did and it was too late basically it was 10 days after he was born , and for me to get a good supply i would have had to pump every two hrs and I couldnt afford the $300 pump I needed, so now Im not leaking anymore I figure the supply is just about gone, anyway hes doing well on the similac, poop seems a littlle hard than Id like but other than that he is GREAT

Old 02-11-2006, 01:37 PM   #7
(female)

feb06baby HB User

hey ladies,
Glad you all found us! Robyn- I love breast feeding. Its getting so much easier now. And Candice, glad you decided to do it!! Robyn- Kailey has the same problem....has been held so much that she does not like to sleep on her own. And I'm guilty of letting her sleep in the bed with me too! It's easy to do that when your BFing. Candice- My little girl hadthe bloddy discharge too, I was told its normal.

I feel like a milk factory too! Do any of you who re BF have this problem.......
Kailey chokes on my milk at least twice during each feeding. I don't know if my milk is coming out way to fast for her, or if she is not swallowing right or what. I'm going to ask her Ped, next time I talk to her which will be tomorrow when we have her levels checked again for the jaundice.

Candice-yes I'm still bleeding. I have been told that you blled for a few weeks, so I'm not expecting it to stop soon. Though it would be nice. Its hard to go from no blood for 9 months to an overflow of it!!

Ok g2g....Kailey is napping so I'm going to try to get some sleep!!
Elisha

Old 02-11-2006, 02:09 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

Hey there dont worry about the choking thing, I asked my pediatricain and its just something they do. I told him it freks me out so he showed me that when they start choking like that to tap on his sternun and he snaps right out of it

Old 02-11-2006, 06:51 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

Hi all !

I am not bfing - Ava is doing awesome on the Nestle Good Start with Dha and Ara! At her 2 week check up (she was 12 days along) she had gained 1/2 pound and grew 1 inch! She is trying to catch up! when she was born she was 5lbs. 10oz. and when we left the hospital (I had her use the formula in the hospital) she only lost 1 ounce! she was 5lbs. 9 ounces when we left! So she has done great in 12 days gaining a 1/2 pound.

I haven't gotten enough sleep yet - with the house leak and workers in the bedroom etc. - during the day - so I am beat. I am thinking this next week should be better. We have some workers coming on Monday to see if the water traveled under the hardwood floors but we don't think it did - !! fingers crossed - then we only need the wall repaired where they dug a hole in it to find the pipe that was leaking. geez. after that I hope to be able to sneek in sleep during the day.

Little Ava has some flem and wheezing when fed - but she works it out pretty quick. The pediatrician wasn't concerned after checking her - he said if she had a fever he would worry - but no worries so far. Even though she is doing great - he has us keeping her in till the first week of April and not having a ton of people in our home to hold her etc. because she was a month early... just being cautious I guess! its the cold and bug season too.

My little girl didn't have the discharge yet. And Oh my breasts - they had me wear a sports a bra for two weeks - so keep them held tight and they didn't hurt much - got a little bigger - leaked one time (very little) and that is it. Come Monday I am free to not wear a bra - thank god! wearing a sports bra for 14 days is rough!!

And she hasn't been sleeping with us - but we do hold her a lot. she doesn't fit into anything that we have even an infant (*******) seat thing doesn't fit her yet - so we are going to look next week for something for her to sit in during the day and such. She is now 19 inches long - wow... and I still can't believe when I look at her that she should still be inside me! It amazes me!!

I am enjoying having my body back somewhat - still taking some pain pills - alternating with Ibuprophen and darvocet every 6 hours or so. Sometimes i just skip the meds all afternoon or evening - the scar is doing great! I have glue - holding me together - dermabond its awesome! I wear a binder too - kinda like a back support and it really helped shrink my belly. I have lost 20lbs so far and gained a total of 30 I think.... I haven't weighed myself in a few days and I think having a new baby definitly puts you on a diet!! you dont have time to eat and are too tired to eat! LOL !! but you breastfeeders - you gotta make the time to eat eh?

I am not bleeding - I stopped that at about day 10 after the birth.

Elisha - Ava had jaundice too - a little bit and we had to feed to often and put her by the sunlight (window) and it went away.... I hope yours is improving and or gone by now.

Candice keep us posted on the kidney situation - so sorry to hear about this and that you are nervous I would be too. hang in there. and let us know whats up. saying prayers for ya!

Val so glad that its all falling into place for you! yeah! and your hubby sounds AWESOME!!

XXOO Friday

Old 02-11-2006, 06:59 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

OH robyn didn't see your post before I posted. I think its fine to hold your babe as much as you want - it depends though on what you want ultimately down the road though! hee hee!

I have a great book called "baby wise" and its really helping me out. Ava is on a 3-3.5 hour schedule right now on her own from the start of one feeding to the start of the next feeding. I don't wake her or anything yet - the book said for the first two weeks not to - turn your clocks to face the wall and love your little one as much as possible and let them eat on their own time (meaning earlier if they are hungry etc)... she went thru a small growth spurt where she was waking about 2 - 2.5 hours for an entire afternoon.... but that is over for the moment.

Come monday we are trying the schedule --- of every 3 hours and we have to establish a first feeding of the day no matter if she is sleeping or not. that is going to be hard. I think I am going to do the first feeding at 6 or 630am. My hubby leaves for work at 615am every day so that may be a good time. So even if she feeds at 4am - I am to wake her at 6 am yuck. This is in order to get them on a schedule to sleep thru the night by week 8 !! which I am SO hoping happens.... wish me luck on setting this goal and waking her - dont know if I can bring myself to do it - and doubt that I can. LOL!!

XXOO Friday
Glad you got to go outside! I think we can take her outside like you did - we just can't take her to stores etc. or around other people who will want to hold her now... till April 1st.

Old 02-11-2006, 10:23 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

Friday how come not until April first? Just wondering about the date is all..I dont take Isaiah out unless I have too, dr tht type of thing

Old 02-12-2006, 05:47 PM   #12
(female)

feb06baby HB User

Hello,
Great news!! Kailey had her blood work today and her Jaundice levels are good. She does'nt have to be under the lights anymore!!! I think Dh and I hate the thing more than she does...lol. We can hold and play with her more now. Robyn- I would'nt worry about holding them too much, I mean they are only this small for short time.

Oh my...This sleep thing is hard! It's getting better though. At first Kailey cried a lot to be fed. I think she was using me as a pacifier, b/c she'd nurse for 5-10 mins and fall asleep, and wake up in 45 mins. But we are getting more of a rutine down, but every once in a while we stray from it and I feed her earlier. She mostly feeds every 2-3 hours. She woke up 3 times last night, but thats better than it was...every hour or so....ugh... that was rough. I think the first 5-6 days I got a total of 8 hours of sleep. But I have been able to catch up a little bit now. NOTHING compared to the sleep I got while pg... And I thought I did'nt sleep well then..HA!

Kailey went on her first outing today also. Well....not really b/c she has had to go to the doctors 3 times since she was born to get blood drawn for the jaundice. But it was her first outing other than that. We had to go to town for her last blood work and hubby and I decided since she was sleeping so well in her car seat that we would go to Walmart b/c we needed things at the house. She did so great! It's funny how much people love seeing babies. No one came up to us, but they would stare. Unfortunetly they could'nt see her b/c we had a blanket draped over the car seat.

It is crazy that we all had our babies so close together and NO one was even due yet! Candice you and I had our baby girls on the same day, I think, (feb 3rd). What time did you deliver Cailyn? Kailey was born at 7:57pm.

Kailey is right next to me in her bouncy chair. She likes it b/c it vibrates aswell. We also have a swing for her, and she like it ok. But she won't stay in it more than 10 mins. I'm so happy that she does'nt have to be under the lights anymore, now we can really get a rutine down...on what she like to sleep in, play in, etc. Have any of you all's DH's gone back to work? Mine DH went back middle of last week. The first day was a little nerve wracking being by meyself. But it went great. I have a lot of confidence with her now.
My goodness, have I talked!!! I better wrap this up b4 you all get bored. Talk soon!

Elisha

Last edited by feb06baby; 02-12-2006 at 05:55 PM.

Old 02-12-2006, 06:51 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

Hey everyone! Just thought I'd drop in here and say hi since everyone's moved! I have no baby yet but I only have 5 days till my due date so if I go a week over I'll be induced. I WILL have a baby in February! I'm so glad to hear everyone is doing well with their little ones, and Robyn, I agree with everyone else, cherish this time you have with Taylor, he will only be this small once. I know I will be the same way, I don't care if it's not the best idea, to me there would be nothing better than my baby falling asleep in my arms, I guess I'll deal with whatever results from it later!
Candice, I'm also glad to hear the BF worked out for you!! I hope Cailyn's kidneys will be okay, I can imagine that would be stressful on you having just had her, but she will still be perfect in your eyes no matter what
Elisha- Glad to hear Kailey's jaundice levels are down as well, that's pretty common I heard of newborns so I'm glad it wasn't anything too serious.
Friday- Good news about Ava's weight too! she will be up there in no time. At least she was no earlier than a month, but that would be a bit of a bummer not being able to take her out and show her off, better safe than sorry though!
Valerie- How is Isaiah doing? I was thinking about a reply to one of your posts about that Angel Care baby monitor and how you were thinking of getting one even though this is your third baby. I actually took the other one I had back today and got that one for the extra piece of mind. Am I paranoid or what?? lol

I feel like I am all ready now! I'm really not scared for the labor, I know it will be incredibly painful, but I am just more anxious to snuggle Kaylee finally!!

Old 02-12-2006, 07:13 PM   #14
(female)

feb06baby HB User

Hey Brooke!! So glad you came to join us. I bet you are so ready!! I'm excited for you. I was not really nervous either right before Kailey was born. I'm surprised how "un-nervous" I was during the experience. I just went into "lets get my baby out" mode. It's just SO worth everything in the end! Since she's been born I have had no sleep, and sometimes I get really frustrated at that fact, but them I remember how much I wanted her out and how much I love her and that all goes away. I got that Angel Care monitor from my Inlaws, but have not used it yet b/c she's been in that incubator. She will get to sleep in her bassinet tonight, so we will use it. Anyways, glad you found us...can't wait until we can read Kaylee's birth story...keep us updated on your progress!........Elisha

Old 02-12-2006, 07:18 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

Hey Brooke, I actually didnt get the monitor I find that it is my nxiety making mefeel so paranoid and honestly knowing me if i had that monitor I would be anxious everynight wondering of its going to go off. Isiah has absolutley zero risk factors and we dont smoke or anything and my other two are just fine si I trust god with this one, we are moving the crib into our room though for the first yr...SIDS is extremely rare anymore I think its my own paranoia, lol...I bet your ready for baby hope baby comes soon for ya!

Valerie

Isaiah is 12 days and already rolled to his side!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread