It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2006, 02:36 PM   #1

simonsmom HB User
Feeding schedules for 4 - 6 month olds

I know there have been alot of posts lately about solids an I too am new to this feeding solid thing but i havent really read anything about feeding schedules. I Have done the cereals and apple juice and i am about to begin jarred food.

Can you ladies let me know how often you feed and the quantity of cereal, juices and jar food you use in a typical day. My dd is 4 1/2 months old and i want to start a good schedule. Right now i feed formula every three hours and try the cereal in the morning and the evening. I am not sure how often i can give juices and jar food too.

Old 02-14-2006, 06:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User
Re: Feeding schedules for 4 - 6 month olds

At 4 months I think I did 2 jar feedings a day. Cereal and fruit or just fruit in the morning and then a veggie in the evening. At 6 months our doc said go to 3 meals a day if you haven't already. Once my kids were used to eating food they both quickly jumped to 1 jar a feeding to 2 jars a feeding. Both doing 1 1/2-2 jars a feeding by 6 months...but I also have big babies. They will know when they are full. Your son will turn his head or whine when he doesn''t want anymore. My kids were also still doing 3-4 bottles a day of 8oz formula at that age.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2006, 06:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User
Re: Feeding schedules for 4 - 6 month olds

I bumped the thread up for you. It's called "4 month old feeding".

Closed Thread