It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2006, 01:00 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lex jude HB User
September babies! Updates :)

Hey everyone! I am just curious to see how everyone is doing These months are flying by! It seems only yesterday we were on the pregnancy boards complaining about morning sickness

Anyways, My little Alex is doing great! He is on a very managable schedule, and sleeps like a champ at night. He is so pleasant and is starting to play with toys now--he has been teething like crazy, but no teeth yet. I got him this toy that is a cloth star and has different textures for him to clamp down on--he LOVES it. I also got him a bouncer, but he has to be in the mood for it. He is also desperately trying to sit himself up on his own. He loves his highchair and is really starting to interact with things.

The one things I think I am slacking on is in th ebaby food department....he seems just fine with formula, and I feed him baby food every once in a while, but I am in no hurry to introduce it full time just yet. :\

I can't believe how big he is getting too! I think we will have to retire the baby carrier for now, and get out his regular carseat (rear facing of course). He is so squished into that thing!!

He weighs around 22 lbs, and is around 25 inches long--not exactly sure, it's been a month. He is a BIG guy however. I will have to move him to his crib soon too, but I am reluctant to have him in the other room....I am so used to having him close to me, I am so afraid to have him anywhere else! I have these silly fears that someone is going to take him in the middle of the night, so I prefer to have him there with me......Is anyone else having problems with this? Alex doesn't seem to care either way where he sleeps--he is such a sound sleeper! I don't think I will sleep well when he makes the transition I know I will be checking on him every other hour......

Anyways, I am looking forward to hearing from all of you! I hope everything is well!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2006, 07:13 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

MissT HB User
Re: September babies! Updates :)

Hello

Yes I remember so well the pregnancy threads about sickness. heh (all too well)

My son (Lakota) was born Sept 27th. He has grown leaps and bounds. He's had issues with sleeping through the night. At first he did well until we moved him into his room. so hopefully you won't have that problem when you do. It's been a month. He's slept fairly well the last couple of nights but he's been sick on and off a few times this month. Mainly due to allergies I think. We all have the worst allergies.

He rolls all around the room now. You have to watch him closely or he'll roll off under something. lol
He's pretty big too I thought he was at least 20 lbs (which he may be now) but at his last dr visit he was only (almost 15). That was in Jan. He was 26 inches long then.

He eats cereal like he can't get enough. He loves it! He's on Zantac STILL for reflux and congestion (due to reflux).

His smiles are heart melting. heh
It's still hard to look at him and his 12 y.o sister side by side and think of the time span between them. She'll be graduating as he goes into Kindergarden. *SIGH*
anyways I better stop before I write a book.

Old 02-14-2006, 07:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

Hi Ladies! Glad to see you LexJude!!!!!

Well, Ava is probably about 13 to 13½ lbs by now. I cannot imagine having a 20lb baby! She was 23 inches at her visit a month ago. Her percentiles are 25th for weight and 30th for height...that was at the 4 month visit.

She still has not had a cold or anything yet...which surprises me because DH has had 2 colds since she's been born and we go out to the stores & among people a lot.

We started solids right at 4 months and do 2 solid meals a day. Cereal & fruit in the 11am timeframe and cereal & vegetables in the 5-6pm timeframe. I'm not ready to do 3 meals a day yet for fear that my breastmilk supply will go down...and I'm not ready to let that happen yet. Breastfeeding is still going well. She was a pro at taking a spoon after the 3rd attempt, and eats everything I've given her. She doesn't love green beans, but she eats them with a slight scowl on her face...I guess if she spit them out I'd stop...but beans are still in the rotation.

As for sleeping, she is doing great! We did the CIO routine right at 4 months and that totally worked pretty quickly. She goes to bed at 8:00pm...wakes to eat around 5:30am, and back to sleep until around 8-8:30am. Once in a blue moon she'll start grunting & making noises around 3am, but either settles herself or needs a little pat to get back to sleep....really not a big deal. She doesn't nap in the day. She quit napping around 3½ months old. I'm actually overall happy with no naps (though some days I could use a nap!) because we can go out and do stuff and I don't have to worry about cutting things short to keep a nap routine in check. We just come and go as we please.

She finally decided to roll over from front to back the other day. That was the first time, and hasn't done it again. She has no interest in rolling, but sits up by herself already (I have to sit her up...she cannot get into the sitting position by herself yet). I do need to hover over her because she will tip over, but her balance is getting good and can sit up for about 30 seconds on her own before her balance gets off.

I love her noises and sqeals! They are so cute! She's really into her feet...especially when I'm changing her pants. Part of the diaper change routine includes about 5-10 minutes of feet time. The other day she had the most exposive diaper ever. It leaked up the front, up the back, and out both legs. And her diaper was clean like 5 minutes before it happenned. It was so bad, it took about 10 wipes to get the overall funk off...just enough to transport her to the bathtub and finish the job.

No signs of teeth yet. I look every day. Ped said gums would swell and that would be the sign...so that's what I look for. LexJude...tell me how you knew teething was happenning...was it swelling or are there other indicators I don't know about?

So, I guess I couldn't ask for more. I'm soooo glad pregnancy is over! I'm also really glad the first 3 months of life are past us. I think back to the colicky days and wonder how I made it through.
Gotta go now. Good to hear from you.
Gayle

Old 02-15-2006, 12:07 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

monim361 HB User

Good to hear everyones babies doing so well. Well I have another 20 pounder or close. At her 4 month appt. She was 17 lbs. Savanna LOVES green beans she laughs while eating them and licks them off her fingers and lick them off her bib..lol.

As for bed time..She goes down at 830-9pm wakes up at 130-2am takes about 3 oz goes back down up again at 6-7am..goes back down until 1030-11am. She then naps around 1pm for 30 minutes again at 5pm.

They do really grow so fast Savanna is going to be 5 months old tomorrow.

She also sits alone for about 30 seconds. She loves her bumbo. I think it has helped out alot with teaching her how to sit.

She also loves her feet. Tries to eat them..lol. Does anyones DCs try to sit up from laying down. Savanna has almost done this..its scary.lol
Monica
Savanna 9/16/05

Old 02-15-2006, 04:09 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

JuniorsMommy929 HB User

Wow my little guy was born september 29th, At his last checkup he was 15lbs and 25 inches, he is gonna be a tall boy so im told, he rolls over and tries his hardest to crawl, he can move all over, just not crawling,lol....if we hold him up he takes steps as if he wants to walk, or if we put him up to the couch he holds on and stands there by his self....my son is allergic to the rice cereal and hates almost every fruit or veggie ive tried so im am taking a break for a week or 2...i might try juice, idk..

Old 02-15-2006, 06:52 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

MissT HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by monim361
Does anyones DCs try to sit up from laying down. Savanna has almost done this..its scary.lol

Yes all the time now. He grabs his feet and tries to pull himself up. One day he head butted me right in the mouth because I wasn't expecting it. He also sits up a tiny bit on his own and tries to move his legs like he's crawling. I haven't tried him on green beans yet only fruits. I might have to try that. Get it in early. lol my 12 y.o is JUST now eating green beans without complaining. hehe

Gayle, I would do anything for your nighttime routine. Mine goes to bed around 8 pm and wakes up on and off. He's getting better and he has slept till 5:30 or 6 am once or twice but not every night that would be heaven.

Old 02-15-2006, 10:01 AM   #7
(female)

JLMandPaul HB User

Hi everyone!. Its been so long since the september moms have updated. I was wondering how all the moms and babes were doing.

Well, Sophia, DH and I are hanging in there. I cant believe how big shes gotten, and how much she loves to eat, lol. She was born September 2, weighs in at a healthy 23 lbs. Her favorite food is rice cereal and applesauce mixed together, she gets that for breakfast along with a bottle of formula. For lunch its cereal and a vegetable, bottle and nap, dinner is the same. Our nighttime routine is pretty simple, dinner, bottle, bath, story and bed by 8pm . Although for about a week she decided she wasnt going to sleep anymore, I tried everything from keeping her from napping during the day (in which she was a grumpy bear by 5pm), to a later bed time. Nothing worked and by day 4 DH and I were exhausted, I tried the last resort, CIO and it worked, and shes gone back to her regular schedule.

She loves playtime, rolls from tummy to back, loves to sit up (propped up mostly), eating her feet is her new thing and shes crazy about her jolly jumper, she loves to stand up in our laps and bounce up and down, she also loves to squeal and laugh, and makes a noise that sounds like shes saying "mama" but is more like "amamamamamamama" which I find completely adorable. No teeth yet, but lots of drooling, so I suppose teething is coming soon!. She loves her daddy and laughs at our dog whenever she barks at her. I could go on and on about her, I guess you could say Im a proud mama, lol.

Im so glad shes here, and like Gayle said, that my pregnancy is over. Its so much fun watching Sophia grow and learn new things everyday. I couldnt ask for a better baby. Glad to hear that all the new moms and babies are doing great, lets keep updated!

~Jamie~
Mommy to Sophia Isabelle, the love of my life.

Old 02-16-2006, 07:51 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

JuniorsMommy929 HB User

wow 5 months and she/he is 23lbs? how much was birth weight, my son isnt yet 5 months and weighs 15lbs, doctor said he is a good size

Old 02-16-2006, 07:44 PM   #9
(female)

FLAngel HB User

Hi Ladies....

Miss T.. my dd (Kennedy was born the same day as yours) the 27th. 2 weeks ago for her 4 month she was 15.5 pounds and 25 inches.

We are just starting baby cereal. she seems to like oatmeal best. She's very messy. I'm really in for it when the food actually has colors. she likes to roll on to her belly. she also seems like superhuman strong.

Anyway, over the past couple weeks both hers and my hair is falling out. Is that happening to anyone else. I am still taking my prenatals but it is just coming out in clumps!

Another question.. does anyone know when is the best time to get a baby's ears pierced. I want to do it while she is too young to pull at them but also dont want to do it too early if it is not safe.

glad to hear from everyone again!

Old 02-16-2006, 08:12 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

MissT HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAngel
Hi Ladies....

Miss T.. my dd (Kennedy was born the same day as yours) the 27th. 2 weeks ago for her 4 month she was 15.5 pounds and 25 inches.

We are just starting baby cereal. she seems to like oatmeal best. She's very messy. I'm really in for it when the food actually has colors. she likes to roll on to her belly. she also seems like superhuman strong.

Anyway, over the past couple weeks both hers and my hair is falling out. Is that happening to anyone else. I am still taking my prenatals but it is just coming out in clumps!
I haven't tried oatmeal yet. We did try green beans mixed with cereal tonight. He ate them up. There is very little he seems to not like. heh He is not a fan of peaches, I don't think.

Yes my hair is falling out has been since I had my ds. His isn't he doesn't really have any hair to begin with, only peach fuzz. lol

Old 02-17-2006, 05:21 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

My hair recently started falling out too. It's been about 3 weeks that I suspected it, but 2 weeks where I'm positive. It's not coming out in clumps, but there's a lot more in the shower drain & when I comb or run my fingers through.

DD's hair fell out just on the top front very early on. Her hair was at it's thinnest at 6 weeks. Hasn't lost any hair since. I really like her hair. Not too thick and not too thin...and it's getting long. Any other babies have the bald stripe around the back of the head from ear to ear? I was told it's from back sleeping/rubbing on the mattress. I notice a lot of babies with the same stripe now that I'm aware of it.

Old 02-17-2006, 07:24 AM   #12
Inactive
(female)

pittbulllover HB User

Hi everyone!
OK, updates on the twins:
Jack is 20lbs., 27inches long, grabbing toes, rolling over, eating everything but stage 1 meats.
Savannah is 17lbs. 25inches long, grabbing toes, not quite rolling yet, and eating everything but stage 1 meats.
They are both sleeping from 8pm to 6am, except for the occasional 4am boredom crying.
I've been back at work since mid december and DH stays home with them, grannie helps a few days a week.
They are too cool, Jack is really active, I think he's gonna crawl early. He's so into the dogs, wants to get to them all the time!
Savannah is more laid back and cuddly, she really just wants to be held.....
Hope all is well with everyone!

Old 02-17-2006, 07:36 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

Celestine HB User

I can't believe how mobile some of your babies are! DS is 5 months, 14 lbs at his last checkup and I don't remember what the length was other than it was short. lol He is not going to be a tall boy. He still shows no interest in rolling over. I know he manages to move himself around a bit. I always put him in the crib parallel to the bars and every morning I come in to find him lying in another direction. I don't know how he does it, he doesn't do it in the daytime when I'm watching. DS loves attention and needs to have it almost constantly. He rarely will do anything for more than 5 min on his own if you aren't right there looking at him. Otherwise he cries. My mother watched him a couple of times this week and even she commented on how you have to be with him almost the entire time. I think that's the biggest problem with the rolling thing. Since I have to be there and he knows it, he doesn't have any need to really try. I think he's going to be a real little ham when he gets older. The one thing he loves to do is stand-up. When you have him on your lap, he isn't happy lying or sitting, he wants to be standing up all the time. I'm almost convinced he'll go straight to walking. His excersaucer is the only thing he'll use for a long period of time without getting bored. He sits awesome with support, for a few seconds without, but he doesn't make any effort to get into position on his own.

Just out of curiosity, when you put your babies on the floor on their tummies do they do the back arch thing? DS doesn't lift very much with his arms. He mostly just stretches his legs right out and ends up in almost a U shape. I don't know if you guys can get what I mean.

He eats solids really well and lucky for me, it's not even that messy. The only time he really makes a mess with it is when he decides to put on a big open mouthed smile with a mouth full of food. He eats everything except rice cereal. He used to prefer the veggies but I've been making my own fruit and since it seems to always turn out alot sweeter than the jars, he really likes it now. I mushed up a banana for him the other morning and you could totally see the disappointment when I took the bowl away.

DS has the funniest hair-do. About 1/2 the top fell out after about a month after birth but it's all grown back now. It's actually pretty long on the top now. Thanks to a cowlick right on the top in the back, it always sticks straight up. He's got some natural spikes going on all the time. On the back all the hair is rubbed off on the right side. He feels like a kiwi. lol

His all time favorite thing to do is have a bath. We use the big tub, with the little ramp on the bottom. He splashes like crazy. He's managed to get me in the face several times and yesterday I was standing next to the tub and he got as high as my thigh with drops of water. Bathtimes are going to become super messy right away I can see. About one more month though, and we are going to the Aqua-babies class at the pool. They have them every Monday for a 1/2 hour. I think he'll enjoy it. They also have a story/rhyme time at the library ever Saturday morning for babies 0-12 months. I might wait till he has a little more of an attention span and take him there.

This is neat to see how everyone's babies are doing. I don't have any friends with babies the same age around here.

Old 02-18-2006, 09:12 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

MissT HB User

ds has been grouchy lately I figured it was teething. I've given him infant motrin drops. He's also had really red cheeks. I checked today and he has his first tooth on the bottom up front.

So far he's done everything faster than my daughter did and he's been way more of a handful than she was.

Old 03-05-2006, 12:55 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User
Smile Re: September babies! Updates :)

Hello September Mommies!

Happy to read that you're all doing so well! I can't believe how long it's been since I have posted. On the Pregnancy Board I was posting everyday.

Anyway, all is going well here. Autumn will be six months old on Wed.! Time is flying by so fast. She was weighed just over a week ago and she was up to 12 pounds, 13 1/2 ounces which is great (she was born 5 lbs, 3 oz) and she's very long. I think she was 66 cm. DH and I have just started to wean her and it's a lot of fun. She still takes mostly formula feeds but I have her up to 2 little pureed feeds a day. Autumn is a lot of fun and has a great personality. She's also been sleeping through the night since she was 5 weeks old which makes life a lot easier. I put her to bed around 6.45pm and she sleeps until 6.30-7am, wakes, has a feed and then sleeps until 8.30am.

DH, Autumn and I flew over to the States at Christmas to see my family. My parents are first time grandparents so they were very excited. Autumn did so well on the flights. We were so proud of her. She was just over 3 months old when we did the trip. She's very laid back and takes everything in stride. We're planning on going over again later this year for her 1st birthday. The trip probably won't be as easy this time. lol

Well I'll sign off for now. Just wanted to give a small update. Take care everybody!

Nicole x

Closed Thread