It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2006, 08:00 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User
March 05 MoMs and birthdays!!!

Hey everyone,

I can not believe that we are about to celebrate our little ones first birthday. how in the heck did that happen?

what is everyone doing for the party? i am not sure yet. with so much going on, i am trying to find the resources to provide him with a big shin-dig but i am thinkig a small family party will suffice. he was born on st. patricks day, so we can have a green theme.

BTW- MoMo is 20 lbs and doing well, except for this last week. he had his shots (only polio vac) and got a fever of 104.5. I rushed him to Doc ER and they said he had a virus, that it was no way connected with the shot. yeah right. anyway, he is doing better now, but it was very very scary.

hope everyone is doing great!
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-27-2006, 06:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User
Re: March 05 MoMs and birthdays!!!

Hey Nyxin! Hey moms!

I can't believe it has been a year. This time last year most of us were ready to pop...and then we remembered that the pregnancy was the easy part

We are doing two small parties. 1 with my dad and his wife 'cause they are coming from out of town this weekend. The next weekend will be all the family that lives in town. We couldn't make it work that we were all together at once. Both very simple gatherings.

How are your little ones? Sophia is close to walking. Takes about 3-4 steps on her own, but no more. She seems happier crawling. The happiest baby on the planet. Finally sleeping through the night after a year of battles!! Still not a ton of hair. I finally put a bow in it yesterday as I'm tired of people calling her a boy. She's about 25 lbs. Not sure how long anymore..havne't done the 1 year docs appointment yet.

I'm still exhausted as I'm sure a lot of you are. I am having to battle my hormones and reporductive organs which are yelling at me to have another baby. Because my brain knows it can't take anymore. I just need some friends to have a baby so that I can hold a newborn for a little bit. So to combat it I am giving away every bit of baby stuff that I can. Yikees...it's amazing how strong your bodily urges can be.

Hope you are all well. Can't wait to read more updates!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2006, 07:41 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Altson HB User

Hey Moms!

Drue is happy as well. She's 27 pounds now, crawling all over and will stand for a few seconds. She is into EVERYTHING. It's really hard with 4 kids, let me tell you! Her favorite snack is dog food if she can scramble over there before anyone catches her, gross!!!

We'll be doing just a family dinner here at the house for her Birthday with a cupcake for her and us taking lots of pics.

Kiera, I absolutely feel as you about my body telling me it wants another baby. What the heck is up with that? I have 4, totally healthy, great kids. I don't need another baby and I know deep down that I don't really want one either. DH has had a vasectomy too! The body though, doesn't seem to be getting the message at all.

I'm also completely sick of strangers commenting on my kids when we're out. They are well behaved, well mannered kids, you'd think that would be noticed but no, we always just get the "Wow, you have so many kids." or "How do you afford all those kids?" or the best one "Don't you know how to make that stop happening?" The nerve of some people.

Happy Birthday to all of your 3/05 kiddos. It's been a pleasure to spend pregnancy with you all and hear about our first year together. You're all amazing mothers.

Old 02-27-2006, 07:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User

HAHAHAHA Larsons! that cracked me up! Honestly I would probably be the one that would say 'Don't you know how to stop that from happening?'
and wow am i glad someone said that their body was wanting another baby. i have been crazy about it, but not really telling my hubby. he already thinks i am crazy and we can't hardly handle the 2 we have now. oh well, maybe someday.

morgan is walking about 50% of the time, but is only 20 pounds. and that fever i mentioned, is was roseola, or the baby measles. not as bad as it sounds, but now he has a lovely rash to prove the illness.

great to hear from you gals, kiera, you are the best, and Larsons, you are too!
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-27-2006, 08:46 AM   #5
(female)

tomatoes49 HB User

Kadee was born in april but i followed along with you ladies and love to read your up dates,plus my other children were born in march 2 days apart and i'm done planning those parties forget about the morgage being on time this month, jk but you know what i mean , then Kadee's B-day next month all to much
i never really did anything big for the first party but i am thinking about it this year
My body is brain is definantly saying no more kids and my body couldnt handle it either so hubby is gettin the good old snip snip
Kadee is pulling her self up and lets go with one hand like shes the coolest kid ever then swithches hands and does this spastic dance with excitment like look at me
good luck with your parties and all the in-laws that intails
where is LAWGIRL gosh Darnit
i wonder how its going with those little guys

Old 02-28-2006, 05:43 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User

Funny story about the strong urge to have a baby. I am working with a new group of people and one women has worked as a psychic for 15 years. Well, she did a reading for me yesterday and one of the 1st things she asked was "are you planning on having another baby" I said No Way, I can't handle it. She said be super careful until July because everything is in line for me to get pregnant. Like don't share a toothbrush with my husband or you'll get pregnant. I just thought it was funny...then I told her my body is totally screaming at me to have another one and she was like "yup, I see it"

Mumbo Jombo or not, I found it interesting. Is anyone here actually thinking about having another one soon??

Old 03-08-2006, 08:00 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

anxiousme HB Useranxiousme HB Useranxiousme HB User

Hi Ladies!

I have not been here for awhile. Glad to see everyone is still checking in. Ryan had his first on 2/27. He has been walking since January. His problem is his weight. He has been little (3%) from the start. Well last week he got a stomach bug called rotavirus. He had 104+ fever, would not eat, vomiting, etc... He lost a whole pound in a week. He DIDN'T have that 1lb to give up. He is only 17lbs now. I'm sooooo stressed on his weight.
Every thing else is going well. I'm so exhausted with 2 and full time career. But for some reason, I think about #3. My husband will have no part of that. I don't think 3 will happen. I get sad knowing this little guy is my last and his first year flew bye. Great to hear from you all.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR LITTLE ONES!!!!!

Old 05-11-2006, 10:39 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Nutshell HB User

Hey ladies. Well I was following you guys all through our pregnancies so I still consider myself one of you guys even though little Kalley came in Dec. I just did a search and found this thread so I hope you guys find it. Glad to see all of you are doing so well and those babies are doing good.

Kalley is 16 months old now and weighs 18lbs and is 27 inches long. She is doing really well. She is not walking yet but takes a couple of steps. She is still on the bottle also because she gets choked using a sippy cup. She does speech therapy 3 times a week and if she isn't walking by 18 months she will start physical therapy. Let me tell you guys. She is such a handful. She has a very bad temper. Any little thing makes her mad. She screams at any little thing. Not cry but scream. She can be so sweet one minute then a little hell cat the next. I don't know what I am going to do when she gets a little older!

Anyway. As far as another baby. I am sad I can not have any more kids due to having the hysterectomy. I know it would have been too dangerous anyway but it still makes me sad. Anyway. The kids are starting to fight. Hope to talk to you all later.

Tera
DS born 3/14/03
EDD 3/19/05

Old 05-12-2006, 07:49 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Altson HB User

Hi Tera -

Kalley is just amazing and so are you. She's doing so great! I'm sure having you post is helpful to all the other parents raising preemies.

Drue is great. I'm getting a little tired of everyone telling me how huge and chunky she is. The Dr. assures me she doesn't have a weight problem, she's just 2 yr. size (32 pounds) instead of 1 yr. size! She's finally walking, still super wobbly. She also has a temper and will fight with any of her older sisters or brother at any time. She will even stand there and give the dog heck in her babble talk. She just thinks everyone needs to do it her way or get out of her way.

Everything is suddenly so easy, compared to what it's like w/an infant. I love this age. She plays, figures things out, loves to go "bye bye" and just isn't so needy needy needy. Restaurants are pretty much out of the question and there's no way we can have her chill during a movie any more, but that's alright too. Who can afford those things when it's over $100 for a tank of gas for my suburban and $1100/month for groceries.

I hope all the other 3/05 Moms can take a little time to post, I'd love to read about everyone.

Old 05-12-2006, 07:57 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User

Yea Nutshell, sooo good to hear from you and about your miracle baby! I still get goosebumps when I think about what the two of you went through.

It seems like just yesterday that we were all preggers and now in just a few months our babies will be too old for this board.

So, give another update ladies. Sophia is stillslow in the teeth department. Only 6 teeth and two of those are barely there. She's running now and getting a kick out of spinning in circles and falling down. It's so nice now that the kids are older and can play together more. The baby wants to be just like her big brother and follows him everywhere. She has very few words (I'd kill to have her say mama) Kitty, binky, cup, up, uh oh, juice. But she makes it very clear what she wants with her pointer finger. She also understands a ton of words. She loves to be outside and trys to escape when the door is opened. It took a while for her to get used to walking on grass, but now she's a champ. She's sleeping very well now which I thought would never come. She also HAS to feed herself. I cannot come near her with the spoon or fork or she throws a total fit. It is making life VERY messy. There are only so many clean finger foods I can give her. I still haven't weaned her off the bedtime bottle..I know, shame shame. I just love giving her that bottle. And since she will be my last baby I'm savoring it. I know a while back we were all talking about our baby clocks telling us to have more. Has anyone decided to take the plunge? I gave away all of my gear to help seal the deal. Now hopefully my B.C. does it's job...lol I'm going to my best friend's baby shower next week out of town. I can't wait to see her and then help with the newborn in a few months. Hopefully that will get the "baby bug" out of my system. I like being able to get a decent night's sleep again! Well, talk to y'all later. Hope to hear from you

Old 05-13-2006, 09:23 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Nutshell HB User

Hey you guys. Glad to see some of you still around.

Larsons ~ I know what you mean about people commenting. With my son they were always saying how big he was and just irritated me to no end. I constantly worried about his weight because people were always saying how big he was. I asked his ped on every visit if he was sure his weight was okay. He has since slowed down but he still the size of a 4-5 yr old and he is only 3. Then with Kalley it is right the opposite. I get so sick of people saying how little she is. They sometimes treat her like a freak show or something. Then when she has her glasses on they just stare. I get sick of it. I have told several people I know she is beautiful but you don't have to stare at her.

Kiera ~ I will be so glad when Kalley is up running around. Well I say that now but I may not be. They both about run me ragged as it is. They play really good together most of the time but like I said it doesn't take much to make Kalley mad so she wants to fight. Skyler is more laid back but he gets sick of it sometimes. Yesterday I was putting up clothes and went to Skyler's room to put up his clothes and when I came back up here he had Kalley on his shoulders and was up on his knees fixing to stand up with her!! I about freaked out but couldn't yell because then he would drop her. I got her down and then realized how she got up there. He was laying flat of his stomach telling her to climb up on him then he was getting up with her. I about fell out. The things these kids can come up with!

Well I must run for now. Will talk to you all later.

Tera
DS born 3/14/03
EDD 3/19/05

Closed Thread