It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2006, 10:39 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User
Did you feel miserable?

I thought I'd post on this board since you all have obviously had your little ones by now. I was just wondering, sometime before you went into labor did you feel miserable? Does everyone feel miserable beforehand? I am 37wks. Everyone keeps asking me if I am miserable yet. When I say no, they say that I am a long ways off from going into labor. I am just wondering if everyone feels miserable before or if it is possible to not feel miserable and then all of a sudden...there's baby!

Thanks in advance for you input!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2006, 02:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User
Re: Did you feel miserable?

I was at the "miserable" stage around the 34th week. I'd define my miserable as:
--overall swelling wouldn't go down on it's own with lots of rest & feet elevation, and restricted diet.

--mentally and emotionally DONE being pregnant.

--sleeping got worse and worse.

--really tired...I mean REALLY tired all the time.

--going up stairs was getting harder by the day.

--normal tasks (ie making hamburger helper for dinner) was physically hard to do.

--I was so swollen my Dr recommended I not even drive anymore unless I HAD to (my reflexes were starting to not work right) & I was having a hard time positioning myself in my car to be considered a good, safe driver.

--I developed carpal tunnel (from swelling), so my hands were numb all the time unless I wore my braces from Physical Therapist.

I ended up getting induced 3 days before my Due Date...it was because we couldn't control the swelling, and not sleeping anymore...Dr. was concerned I wouldn't be physically able to push her out if we waited.

I have a feeling everyone will have their own definition of "miserable". My mom said she felt just fine with both my brother and I up until her water broke for both of us. My grandma was digging fencepost holes the day before she delivered my mom.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2006, 03:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

A week or so I went into labor I was so tired, I'd retained some fluid, so I only had one pair of shoes I could wear, I kinda ached. Pretty much went to work, put my feet up while I typed then went home and crawled into bed. I was also tired 'cuz I kept waking up at night to pee and my legs ached.

Old 03-09-2006, 03:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetea13 HB User

I was not miserable at all but I was definately so done being pregnant!!I was tired and just ready to not lug around a belly. My son was born on Dec.30 and on Christmas day I was helping my mom in the kitchen, no big deal.
Good Luck! !

Old 03-09-2006, 03:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

I was sleeping really poorly the last month before having Jack, but other than that, I really felt great until the day before I had him.

Old 03-09-2006, 08:56 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

S&J HB User

I wasn't miserable...just a little more emotional than usual.
My baby was born at 37 weeks..i just woke up and was like ..oh wow what's going on?!
and off to the hospital we went.
Maybe if he was a few more weeks later then I could have been miserable..congrats on feeling great and good luck!
S

Old 03-09-2006, 09:18 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

rouge HB User

I went a week past my due date and did not get really uncomfortable until the last week or so.

I was done being pregnant, I could not eat without getting heartburn, I felt really really full, my pelivs hurt, and I could not sleep. Right before I went into labor I felt like I had PMS type symptoms with cramping.

I was waitressing part-time through my pregnancy and I stopped working just after 37 weeks becasue I would be in so much pain after work. When not working I managed really well.

Old 03-10-2006, 11:57 AM   #8
(female)

feb06baby HB User

I wasn't miserable right before. I was just SO over being pregnant!! The only problems I had was some swelling in my hands, and trouble falling asleep at night. My problem was I was just so anxious to get it over with I couldn't stand it!

Old 03-11-2006, 10:32 PM   #9
(female)

10kDilsey HB User

I have two kids and NEVER felt miserable. Yeah, I had those feelings of "I'm done with being pregnant because I would really like a glass of wine", but not physical, emotional, or any other kind of misery. In fact I felt really, really, good during both my pregnancies, but I was just kind of "done". Not miserable by any stretch, just "done". I wanted my body back, I wanted to be able to have a drink, I wanted to be able to go jogging. I kept getting the same thing you did, but when I finally gave birth, it was shortly after a workout when I was feeling really good. So don't listen to anyone who tells you that you have to be feeling very low before you go into labor.

Closed Thread