It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2006, 12:06 PM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetea13 HB User
Re: Does DH help much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by feb06baby
When DD was born 6 weeks ago my DH was wonderful. Since then he is still a great dad, but I feel like the "new" wore off for him. He will still jump up and help anytime I open my mouth, but he doesn't take the intiative to do as much anymore. DH is gone 12-13 hours a day working, and he's a great provider. I'm still on Maternity leave for now so I do almost everything for DD. DH comes home in the evenings and plays with her for a little while. He usually changes 1-2 diapers, and gives her the occational bottle of BM. He has yet to bathe her, although I do that during the day. I always have to ask, "will you watch her while I shower?" or "please hold her while I...." Everytime he has no problem, but I feel as if DD is completely my responsibility. I feel guilty a lot of the time asking him to do stuff. If DD is not in a good mood, he hands her off to me. If he's holding her while she cries, it's only b/c my hards are full at that particular moment. I then feel rushed to finish my shower or get the dishes done so I can "rescue" DD. Although my DH is not horrible in this aspect I understand where some of you are coming from.
Your post describes my situation better than I described it!

Old 03-23-2006, 12:50 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

Wow! I guess I don't feel so alone now. Thanks for the kind words. Friday, I will push for DH to take some pics of me and DD. Staged pics are better than no pics.

Sweetpea...don't feel bad for starting the post. I could have not responded. It was my choice. It was very theraputic to write it, and to read those who have similar situations.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2006, 01:14 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetea13 HB User

Gayle-
I'm glad it was therapeutic for you. It was nice to get it all out for me too. Sometimes it is easier to talk to people on here than anyone else!

Old 03-24-2006, 09:38 AM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiedy HB User

Gayle

Does your camera have a timer on it, you can then take pictures of you and DD by yourself, and if not, always bring it w/ you when you go out and don't be shy about asking strangers to take pictures for you. I even do this w/ our video camera, just prop it somewhere on the counter and vidoe tape myself feeding or playing w/ DS.

Old 03-24-2006, 02:41 PM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

dh had 2 weeks off to help me out he is now back at work. he helps out with ds when he is at home but i wake in the night for feeds and nappy changes because my dh often works away i figure i should get used to doing the night stuff alone so i am prepared for it when he works away as oppossed to it being a big shock to me. dh also helps with the housework and running errands for me. infact i give him a 9/10 he also has been really good at showering me with compliments to keep me feeling loved amd happy bless him although i agree with previous posters here i also feel ds is almost all my responsibility

Old 03-24-2006, 03:11 PM   #21
(female)

mrzshorty HB User

I agree with the part of the kids are my responsiblity, so dont get me wrong. But WHILE i READING THESE THREADS SOMETHING OCCURED TO ME...I THINK THAT IS NATURAL AND SOMETHING THAT WOULDNT/COULDNT BE CHANGED, MY DH DOES ALOT AND WE SHARE RESPONSIBILITIES WITH HOUSE AND WORK, BUT I STILL FELL LIKE THOSE ARE MY KIDS AND MY RESPONSIBILITY. MAYBE ITS BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT THEY ARE A PART OF ME AND I AM A PART OF THEM, WHO KNOWS MAYBE THE DADS FEEL THAT TO...I DONT KNOW, NEVER REALLY OCCURED TO ME. A BIG PART IS WE CARRIED THEM, BIRTHED THEM AND WE HAVE A SPECIAL CONNECTION THAT I DONT THINK THE BEST DAD OF YEAR COULD FEEL, A MOTHERS FEELINGS AND LOVE ARE DIFFERENT.

Closed Thread