It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2006, 12:13 PM   #1
(female)

AnnieinPA HB User
Fussy because of vaccines???

Hi girls,

Last Tuesday my son received his eight week shots... there were four of them. For the two days before them, he began sleeping through the night for us which was WONDERFUL. Anyway, after the shots he was fussy, which we anticipated. Since then, he hasn't been taking his naps like he used to (he'll wake up after like a half hour) and won't go to sleep on his own in his crib anymore... he just screams and screams. He is waking up now every three hours at night again. Do you think it's a coincidence? Should I be concerned? Could it be a growth spurt? He is just generally much less content than he used to be. Any input would be great! Thanks!

Old 04-19-2006, 12:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User
Re: Fussy because of vaccines???

Have you used the Infant Tylenol?? I was told by one of the nurses to make sure that I bring it to the appointment and to use it after DS's shots

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2006, 12:33 PM   #3
(female)

AnnieinPA HB User

Yes, I gave it to him the day of his shots and for a couple days after... but does it make sense that he is still miserable because of them? I mean, it's been over a week?

Old 04-19-2006, 12:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetea13 HB User

I really wouldn't think that the shots would still be affecting him. I am not sure though. I know about that time my ds slept through the night a few nights and then went back to waking up. Then about 4 weeks later he consistantly slept through. It seemed like my liitle guys sleep schedule got really bad right before he started sleeping better. Not sure why, but I was getting really worried then one night I put him on his side and he was sleeping all night! good luck, sorry i couldn't really help

Old 04-19-2006, 03:36 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

I wouldn't think it is the shots either - and for the 8 week shots we gave her the tylenol stuff and it made my daughter constipated (she is 11 weeks now)... I think she did a growth spurt right around then and is doing another one now too - she BARELY slept at all today. and was super fussy going down - when usually I can lay her down during the day when she is still awake / kinda.... and she goes to sleep - well not now - she will barely go to sleep for 30 min. and she is fussy - so I think its a growth spurt for her right now.

probably a growth spurt for you tooo - just when you get a nice pattern going right??? its so frustrating for hte sleep deprived mama!!

Closed Thread